strange clicking (not axle)

chrisjones6699

Ok, so i've just found and fixed the problem....Youre gonna like this. A couple of months back, i had new tyres all round and i had a guy in weymouth fit them (seemed like a nice enough chap), It turned out (after inspection 20 mins ago) that he failed to put back on my locking wheel nut!! So i've been driving back and forth to weymouth from wales with 4 nuts holding on my back wheel!! :scare: well done that man!!! :thumbdown:

Lucky enough that there are some spare nuts with the spare wheel so i now have 5 nuts back on! My next question is, where can i get a locking wheel nut from?

When I first bought my zed, one of the rear wheels only had 4 nuts on, which was nice of the previous owner. But I never got any clicking noise. So I think that might not be your problem. I know it sound silly but have you checked for screws or small stones in the tyre? :thumbs:

Have you checked the tyre?? It could simply be a screw,nail or bolt that you have picked up and as you drive the matal head is hitting the tarmac :blush:

Yeah i checked when i got the wheel off. It was clicking bad before i put the 5th nut on and then it seemed to go, just got quieter though. I'll have the boys at the garage to have a look Tuesday!

:lol::lol::lol: