350z Vortech V3 Super Charger discussion.

nurrish

For me it was the costs that ruined the whole experience

If i lived in the USA then there would be no doubt i would have a built block and running max boost.....Its just hard justify it over here with how much fuel costs and its only going to get worse.....if only i was zmanalex :lol:

I'm sorry I lost my normal login - but it may not surprise to note (given recent postings) that there is absolutely no long-term joy to be had for supercharging (can't speak for turbocharging) the Z. There is the constant feeling that the end is nigh (and/or that your investment is toast) and from personal experience the feeling that when you sell, the problem is ended is nowt but a relief.

Deep pockets required and £40k deep doesn't remove the feeling, I can assure you.

The Z is a brilliant car at the price: N/A :)

I completely disagree.

The amount of people I've read about that say they would never do FI again concerns me a little bit... :headhurt:

Oh well, let's see how this turns out.. maybe I'll be of the same opinion one day.

I would do it again & I plan to do it again in the next 18 months :)

My car had a little hiccup yesterday (black smoke & then it cut out approaching a roundabout) & it knocked my confidence in a bit. But I've spent today hooning around in it & I absolutley love it. The majority of the miles I've put on my kit so far have been motorway miles & it just didnt feel that fast but after a bit of a blast in it yesterday & then today around the country side it performs a lot better (feels better to drive) when its being driven at high revs.

The amount of people I've read about that say they would never do FI again concerns me a little bit... :headhurt:

Oh well, let's see how this turns out.. maybe I'll be of the same opinion one day.

I would do it again & I plan to do it again in the next 18 months :)

My car had a little hiccup yesterday (black smoke & then it cut out approaching a roundabout) & it knocked my confidence in a bit. But I've spent today hooning around in it & I absolutley love it. The majority of the miles I've put on my kit so far have been motorway miles & it just didnt feel that fast but after a bit of a blast in it yesterday & then today around the country side it performs a lot better (feels better to drive) when its being driven at high revs.

Heath is waiting in the wings for the removed parts :lol: The vultures are gathering :evil:

Why are people so frightened of F/I , With the ability to be able to live map the UK ecu now , I feel these cars will drive like a stock car but only a little faster with some boost supplied by either a S/C or a Turbocharger.

S/C is the way to go with a stock motor, to much mid range torque kills the stock pistons/rods. A turbo make a huge amount

of mid range grunt where as a S/C only enhances the stock power band.

Nurrish was told not to push his car as far as he was , l am sure running the same boost as Ian, l could of tuned in far leaner as I didn;t need to worry with detonation due to the very high boost pressure.

The Vortech kit is very agriculture I feel , doesn't fit nice , where as the HKS kit fits like factory and sounds like it should nice a quiet , Ians car once he as sorted the noise issue will be a nice fast road car, sounds like he hit the hard rev limiter at the weekend something l map in to keep you off of the rev limiter , another way to break these motor is to keep bouncing off of the rev limiter.

Do the job right and well i.e a reasonable amount of boost on a stock motor and you have fun 100% honest opinion.

I know my red UK 350 will definitely be having a HKS S/C fitted once it is finished, makes the cars go like they should do 400bhp is plenty in a RWD sports car.

Mark

Why are people so frightened of F/I , With the ability to be able to live map the UK ecu now , I feel these cars will drive like a stock car but only a little faster with some boost supplied by either a S/C or a Turbocharger.

S/C is the way to go with a stock motor, to much mid range torque kills the stock pistons/rods. A turbo make a huge amount

Nurrish was told not to push his car as far as he was , l am sure running the same boost as Ian, l could of tuned in far leaner as I didn;t need to worry with detonation due to the very high boost pressure.

The Vortech kit is very agriculture I feel , doesn't fit nice , where as the HKS kit fits like factory and sounds like it should nice a quiet , Ians car once he as sorted the noise issue will be a nice fast road car, sounds like he hit the hard rev limiter at the weekend something l map in to keep you off of the rev limiter , another way to break these motor is to keep bouncing off of the rev limiter.

Do the job right and well i.e a reasonable amount of boost on a stock motor and you have fun 100% honest opinion.

I know my red UK 350 will definitely be having a HKS S/C fitted once it is finished, makes the cars go like they should do 400bhp is plenty in a RWD sports car.

Mark

Agree with the above :thumbs:

I would not hesitate at getting S/C kit for my car and not worry at all about noises, as long as what Mark as said you do not over do it when tuning it.

If only it was a little cheaper to buy then I would be getting it done tomorrow. I could buy a EVO with a huge amount of power but I do not like the cars so the zed to me seems like a good choice in increasing the power.

I will start saving :lol:

:D

Mark

Noise issue needs sorting soon :lol: Could be right about the limiter, I was pretty close to it but don't think I hit it. I could be wrong though :)

Any ideas about why it cut out approaching a roundabout? The engine just shut off completley & I had no brakes or steering :shrug: It knocked my confidence in the car a bit & I took it much easier for the rest of the day. I've checked for codes but none thrown

Split as I am having to approve every post. I will sort the two posts in the morning as my internet is awful.

I've just deleted my post from the for sale thread and reposted here :thumbs:

Mark

Looking forward to see that build, can you expand on what you see is a safe torq curve for this engine? What is it you map in to keep of the rev limiter? :teeth:

by

Mark

Noise issue needs sorting soon :lol: Could be right about the limiter, I was pretty close to it but don't think I hit it. I could be wrong though :)

Any ideas about why it cut out approaching a roundabout? The engine just shut off completley & I had no brakes or steering :shrug: It knocked my confidence in the car a bit & I took it much easier or the rest of the day. I've checked for codes but none thrown

You going to move towards a std exhaust too?! Would there be an idea to go for a slip type exhaust that bypasses at a certain RPM? :evil: (Ala Novidem)

http://www.novidem.ch/images/pdf/nissan ... 0-gt-s.pdf

by

Mark

Any ideas about why it cut out approaching a roundabout? The engine just shut off completley & I had no brakes or steering :shrug: It knocked my confidence in the car a bit & I took it much easier or the rest of the day. I've checked for codes but none thrown

You going to move towards a std exhaust too?! Would there be an idea to go for a slip type exhaust that bypasses at a certain RPM? :evil: (Ala Novidem)

I don't know what to do TBH. I'm gonna try and get hold of a bung before I make any changes to it.

I'm not sure how much difference putting the midpipe silencer back in will make :shrug: Any other singe exit will be just as loud & I don't fancy losing any power by switching my decats or exhaust back to stock

by

Mark

up

I don't know what to do TBH. I'm gonna try and get hold of a bung before I make any changes to it.

I'm not sure how much difference putting the midpipe silencer back in will make :shrug: Any other singe exit will be just as loud & I don't fancy losing any power by switching my decats or exhaust back to stock

The midpipe should make a difference, how old is the end can on that single system? might have no baffle material left in it ;) Maybe you could get something that'll be very silent at low speed and open up at higher RPM's. I've looked at the RS4's slip system before but didn't know it existed for the Z until I looked at the Novidem stuff. Not sure 'what' it is that bypasses maybe something you could fab up to suit your own system...

l could of tuned in far leaner as I didn;t need to worry with detonation due to the very high boost pressure.

Mark

What?

He's saying he could have tuned the engine to run leaner if he didnt have to worry about detonations... to lower the boost pressure you'd change the pulley that Nurrish had was delivering to high for an non built engine. Better safe then sorry.

:thumbs:

l could of tuned in far leaner as I didn;t need to worry with detonation due to the very high boost pressure.

Mark

What?

talking about Nurrish,s car , I mapped it a little rich to be safe (detonation) due to the amount of boost pressure he was running.

Anlid,

safe BHP is around 360/380 bhp flywheel and safe torque around 360lb/ft.

Mark

What?

talking about Nurrish,s car , I mapped it a little rich to be safe (detonation) due to the amount of boost pressure he was running.

Anlid,

safe BHP is around 360/380 bhp flywheel and safe torque around 360lb/ft.

Cheers Mark :thumbs:

by

Mark

I have this Novidem exhaust. If anyone is interested I can take some pictures when I get my car back (most likely on the 23 of June)