how much oil does your zed use

showtime1

• 1 month later...
Service interval is the usual 9,000 miles. What's yours using ?

its hard to tell with the dipstick but ive top it up 1/2 litre after about 1500 miles to be honest im struggling to read the dip stick

I am glad I am not the only one. I am a fully trained mechanic with 11 years experience and the dipstick is total crap, I am now unsure if I have overfilled it as I keep putting more in and I cant really see any definite line, there is a more distinct darker oil at the bottom of the stick but it doesn't seem to move when I put oil in. Anyone else give me any tips? I'm gonna change the oil early next week anyway but it does seem odd.

Service interval is the usual 9,000 miles. What's yours using ?

its hard to tell with the dipstick but ive top it up 1/2 litre after about 1500 miles to be honest im struggling to read the dip stick

I am glad I am not the only one. I am a fully trained mechanic with 11 years experience and the dipstick is total crap, I am now unsure if I have overfilled it as I keep putting more in and I cant really see any definite line, there is a more distinct darker oil at the bottom of the stick but it doesn't seem to move when I put oil in. Anyone else give me any tips? I'm gonna change the oil early next week anyway but it does seem odd.

Run the engine after a top up ..... leave it to settle and check again .... that way the new oil gets to be mixed with the old oil and shows up better on the dipstick

in the manual it says its normal to use half a litre every 600 miles if i remember correctly

that does'nt sound right you should not be putting oil or hardly any between services on petrol engines you sure you ain't got a diesel under the bonnet :teeth::teeth::lol:

Mines hardly used any so far! My old 330ci used loads, at least a litre every thousand miles.

Checked my dipstick recently for first time and I honestly thought it was damaged! Is it really meant to look all twisted and crooked? People seem to be saying its terrible design so I'm guessing mines normal!

04 and would use about 1ltr between 5k and 9k miles and only after 5k miles . I assume this is the oil starting to break down and I usually change every 7k anyway. I did notice that it depends on the oil type, the genuine nissan 5-30 spec fs will drop on the dipstick yet the mobil 1 wont show any usage.

Driving style also affects usage . Again if I am on long motorway drives for 5-6hours then oil use will be more than shorter spirited drives