How to - Adjust a JapSpeed K2

BulletMagnet

As some of you might know already, I replaced the K1 with a K2.

But sadly, my K2 didn't sit right after fitting it to my Zed.

JSK2001.jpg

JSK2002.jpg

So off I went to my local garage to have it adjusted

Here you see that the flanges between the mid pipe and backbox are out, causing one pipe to poke out further than the other

JSK2004.jpg

JSK2003.jpg

So it was decided to cut a V out near the flange on the backbox

JSK2005.jpg

JSK2006.jpg

Then apply heat and then bend it into position

JSK2007.jpg

JSK2008.jpg

After we were happy that it was straight enough, out comes the MIG welder

JSK2010.jpg

JSK2011.jpg

Not the best of welds, but I was told that the steel wasn't really that thick and that even budget Bosal exhausts have thicker material

JSK2012.jpg

But I'm happy with the finished result, this is the best we could do, and I think it's pretty much spot on now

JSK2009.jpg

JSK2013.jpg

Thanks for looking

thats great to know, I want to have my K2 adjusting slightly. Although mine doesn't stick out further than the other side its sat a little lower and on the left as you are looking at the rear.

Was it an expensive fix? :thumbs:

Local garage with friendly mechanic and on a day when the supervisor is off........£10 to the mechanics palm :yahoo:

best photos I've seen you take so far :lol:B)

Its a shame JapSpeed cant get their act together and get these exhausts to fit properly in the first place. Great solution though. :clap:

also added to Guides :thumbs:

Omg, its deja vu. Japspeed still haven't sorted this problem out? I was thinking of going back to a k2 myself but after reading this thread definately not.

I'm certainly not prepaired to spend that amount of money only to go and start hacking it to pieces to get it to fit properly.

Poor show Japspeed :thumbdown:

Good right up though Bulletmagnet :thumbs:

I'm speaking to Japspeed at the moment about sorting out my K2, when fitted it looked exactly like the OP's. I originally chose it on the basis that although there were a few wonky ones being sent out from them earlier they had since got it right, my exhaust was fitted a couple of weeks ago and it appears that it deffinately isn't. Not happy as it makes a lovely sound, but I fear that if Japspeed can't sort this out for me I'll be asking for my money back and I'll be back on the market for a different set up.

• 1 year later...

THREAD REVIVAL!

I just fitted a Japspeed K2 to my car, and it is slightly wonky just like BulletMagnets car.

I asked my supplier and they told me there was a 6 month period where Nissan made a slight change to the exhaust.

Not sure if that is true or not, but mine is also an 04 plated UK car liked BulletMagnet.

CarShark / others with wonky Japspeed - what age are your cars?

Ah well, mine was just advertised as a "stainless 350z exhaust" and I paid £140 delivered for it brand new. When it turned up in a JapSpeed box I thought "here we go" after reading on here but I had to fit it as I needed the car.

Mines not quite as wonky as BulletMagnets so I'm still quids in if I have to get it welded.

My K2 had pretty much the same issue (though maybe not quite as bad)

post-5330-13501191733_thumb.jpg

We were able to overcome mine by bending the hangers and also fitted a clamp block on the offside rear hanger arm which pushed the offside back about 15mm and so the slashcut ends were then parallel

Japspeed reputation is pretty well known, though, and if you're paying £349 for the exhaust, you don't expect the same quality as if you're paying £600 or more. I bought it expecting to have some fitment adjustments - and I wasn't disappointed!

I'd be pretty upset if I'd paid £350 for this fitment.

At the £140 I paid its vaguely acceptable.

You got your from that 2fast something or other seller on ebay didnt you? I just got one cheap from them too. Had it fitted last week but was well out of shape originally. Hangs a bit low still now. They told me the exact same thing about the 6months different exhaust rubbish. Mines a 54plate Decemeber 2004. Got them to refund me £20 towards having it adjusted. Better than nothing,lol

I'd be pretty upset if I'd paid £350 for this fitment.

At the £140 I paid its vaguely acceptable.

You got your from that 2fast something or other seller on ebay didnt you? I just got one cheap from them too. Had it fitted last week but was well out of shape originally. Hangs a bit low still now. They told me the exact same thing about the 6months different exhaust rubbish. Mines a 54plate Decemeber 2004. Got them to refund me £20 towards having it adjusted. Better than nothing,lol

yep!