1 week later...

un1eash

Ive had my car just over a week now and do love it, it gets more comments and more people seem to like it compared to my 2.0i Z4 Roadster.

I have a few questions though...

1) I checked the tyre pressures and they were around 32psi so i pumped them up to 35psi. The car seems a little lighter now and not so planted on the road. Should i go back to 32psi?

2) How should the brakes perform? It seems i really need to press the peddle to get maximum performance. I think i'm to use to my Z4 help brake for you.

I really need to learn to drive again in this car, the Z4 was to easy and my gear changes are now sloppy. The Z4 turned in better but i think that would of been down to weight of a 4 pot 2.0i compared to a 3.5 V6. I find my driving isnt that smooth in the 350 at the moment, i always seem to be in the wrong gear at the wrong revs when cornering and half the time end up coasting around corners.

I have the original bridgestone 040's on 18" rays still on the car with about 4mm on the rear and 4-5mm on the front.

Should the brembo's put you through the windscreen if you just tap the brakes though?

The service book said it had a P3 service last september and fluid levels are ok. Pads are half warn and disks have a very slight lip. I might thrown some Red stuff pads on there? What are these like for cold bite as i do alot of short trips.

Got to remember the gear changes are going to have a more mechanical feel to them compared to the Z4, very different car. I found my first week of driving was very jumpy but you soon adapt, i think coming from a BMW to the Zed is a big jump in terms of driving characteristics :thumbs:

I came from a Merc E class to the Z. Now that was a culture shock :scare:

You will adapt and yes I felt the Brembo initially felt poor, but they are progressive and there is plenty of bite there is you need it. They just aren't on off switches like some cars. Me I'm now used to it and prefer it.

Bradders

I came from an MX5 and had same thoughts, its very different from the last car you have driven...... give it a bit of time and you will get used to it.

+1 on the yellow stuff pads.....I have them and they are much better then the OEM ones

Are yellowstuff more for track use though, i really want something that is going to work well straight away from cold?

The driving characteristics are more like my Mk1 Mr2 that i havent driven for 18 months now, the 350Z is nice and raw which i like.

I will have to see what the brakes are like when i really put my foot down, i like them to be progressive but was expecting abit more being brembos.

Come winter i'll either put some bridgestone 050's or falken 452's on all round.

if your thinking on redstuff go yellowstuff...

At risk of a highjack.. What's your opinion on that Andlid??

Bradders

on?

Yellostuff works well on JDM brakes (non brembos) for fast street driving. NOT for track... then again my calipers or disc/rotors aint up for it either :D Will have more later on the what I'd say is 'good' for tracking a Z. Well worth it for normal to fast driving with a couple of quick hard brakes. (experience taken from JDM's standard not brembo but Id' say it would be BETTER with Brembos)

A :dance:

get a shortshifter... rockon!

I have one on my mk1 mr2, how hard are they to fit on the 350Z?

not that bad but a bit of a pain in the whole to get the some stuff back on it if you're doing it yourself... well worth it IMO love it or hate it I'd say! Works REAL well on track and swift shifting B) zman hooked me up.

the Z is a meaty car all roujd just man handle the bint and youl learn to love it , brakes as other siad could be worn pads/discs . mind arent super snappy bite your head off but hawl up pretty good i think once you press down hard rember the Z aint light !

I much prefer progressive brakes!

+1

Jump in the X-Trail after a while in the 350 and I nearly go through the windscreen at the first junction cos I always forget :blush: , but you do get far more control when braking in the Zed once you get used to it (but then I have got DBA two-piece rotors and DS2500 pads which work very well).