Mk2 (06+) Airbox

ceaser

Anyone got one in original condition, ie no extra holes drilled into it etc

Ive started down the Z tuning road and would like to get hold of one before my Z goes to Abbey for some work in a couple of weeks

ta

I have one mwahahaha. :ninja:

I think they are relatively hard to come by mate. Just missed out on one on ebay a few days ago - think it went for £93 before postage though. I have had 4 people approach me about mine but haven't decided whether to sell it yet. If I do and the others are not interested, I will keep you in mind :thumbs:

Good luck!

I have one of these in my garage.........................

is this because you have a Mk2 Z sitting in your garage as well? :lol:

Ive tried Alex but he has also said they are getting quite hard to come by; sarah, i will look out for your pm too

and yes, i am chasing the holy grail of the 50bhp - dont think i will quite get there though :lol: but i will have a go!

I have one of these in my garage.........................

is this because you have a Mk2 Z sitting in your garage as well? :lol:

Ive tried Alex but he has also said they are getting quite hard to come by; sarah, i will look out for your pm too

and yes, i am chasing the holy grail of the 50bhp - dont think i will quite get there though :lol: but i will have a go!

I have it as I had a GT4 zed that i put a pop charger on and flung the airbox in the garage........seems they are quite desireable now :D

I diabpdd it nu something! :rant:

er nope, sorry cant make any sense of that - but i take it your not offering me an airbox for sale :lol:

i didnt know this forum was so full of airbox teases - lots of people seem to have them as spares! i have a set of bose speakers 'spare' including the sub, well, the loosest definition of sub, anyone want to swap? :lol:

• 1 month later...
Ive heard the only thing different with pre and post 06 intakes is the velocity stack ring. Why cant someone just knock one up?

I think someone did, but not on this side of the pond! Sure if would be quite easy to fabricate, or someone must make one that would fit in the z-tube...

Difference

06airbox012.jpg

The 06 is on the right BTW ;)

Ive heard the only thing different with pre and post 06 intakes is the velocity stack ring. Why cant someone just knock one up?

I think someone did, but not on this side of the pond! Sure if would be quite easy to fabricate, or someone must make one that would fit in the z-tube...

Difference

06airbox012.jpg

The 06 is on the right BTW ;)

Weird how such a small piece of metal makes such a big difference. If someone has made them then a group buy might be in order.

I still profess the Throttle body spacer works too... Same principle!! :)

Which throtle body spacer? Alot are just "vortex generaters" or have external nipples.

Cant remember the name and dont seem to have a pic at the moment, but yeh, it has rifleing on the inside that does something to the air coming in.. It functions by swirling or directing the air flow to maximize air volume to the manifold.

Maybe pixi dust but it did all add up to get a decent whp number on mine!!