Bucking Zed!

jtec23

Not sure if this a problem, feature or quirk but i've started to notice the Zed "bucks" quite a bit at around 20mph (1500-2000 revs) - anyone else have this issue or have any idea what could be causing it?

Soon as I start to accelerate past 20mph it stops, but if i'm holding that speed for more than a few seconds I start to notice it

Clutch? Or something more sinister? :)

Thanks

mmm sounds like an air thing, im no pro but i remember on some other cars i have driven if the engine doesnt get enough air it can loose power then get it again etc... so sort of feels like the car is skipping a little but it isnt...

Happens in 2nd gear mostly - yes I can pretty much replicate it each time - pretty annoying for sure - and makes it seem, to causal stander by, that I cannot drive! ;)

Doesnt happen in first or third at similar speeds or revs?

Its an odd one for sure. Maybe check all the clips on the intake pipe are secure, as I know if air can get in after the MAF sensor that can cause funny things to happen.

Not sure if this a problem, feature or quirk but i've started to notice the Zed "bucks" quite a bit at around 20mph (1500-2000 revs) - anyone else have this issue or have any idea what could be causing it?

Soon as I start to accelerate past 20mph it stops, but if i'm holding that speed for more than a few seconds I start to notice it

Clutch? Or something more sinister? :)

Thanks

Sorry for late reply.

Had a very similar proble on my 08 UK Zed. In 1st and 2nd gear revs would reach 1500 ish and then would

drop off for a spllit second causing the car to lurch forwards when revs picked up again. P2 service has cured

it but never did find out the cause.

Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to update this thread incase others came across a similar issue.

Ian - she's just come back from her P1 service and exactly as you found this has cured the issue. I did try and find out what happened in the P1 that might of fixed this - but the Nissan techs didn't seem to know either!

Anyway happy days she's running lovely again (after a a replaced wheel bearing too - ouch!) :scare:

Many thanks to you and others for trying to find the issue! :teeth: