From 350Z to M135i

lotuscc

I have just sold my ’06 350Z. A great car which performed the dual tasks of sports car and relatively refined GT very well. I have swopped it for a BMW M135i. Everything about the car feels like it is very high quality. It is quieter and more refined than the 350Z, but the engine, turbo and exhaust noise combine to let you know this is still a performance car.

The thing that dominates is the engine. The figures – just over 300 bhp – do not tell you the whole story. Independent dynos of this engine show that the bhp is much more than this. In addition it pulls strongly from 2000 all the way to 7000 – lots of torque. It feels significantly faster than the 350Z. I have owned many turbo charged engine cars but this turbo charged engine is in another league. It also delivers relatively good mpg and CO2 of 220.

Overall verdict: highly recommended, plus BMW has a load of performance upgrades to choose from which means you can modify your car without loosing the warranty (if you have the money!).

Hi.

It feels very flat in the corners with little roll. You can switch off all the traction controls. The 350Z set very high standards for balance and predictability, and it will take a while for me to see how the M135i compares (only had it a couple of days).