370z Tracker query

jabriel

Hi all,

I'm currently considering buying a new 370z and am wondering if its worth buying a tracker from Nissan for the 370z. (I'm already aware that some insurance companies will insist on a tracker for sports cars.) I currently have 6 points (I loose all 6 points in May 2011) and 1 claim in the past 5 years so am thinking the tracker will help reduce the cost of my insurance. It'll also give me some piece of mind as I've had a car stolen previously.

I know of its advantages but in your experience, how much does one save on insurance if the car has a tracker? should I expect a 5%, 10% or 20% discount?

Also, does having a tracker installed by an independent (approved/licensed) installer/garage invalidate the warranty on a new car in any way? Or is there good reason to get the tracker Nissan sell when buying the car?

I obviously want to get the best value for money option but want to take the safest route as well.

Any advice will be much appreciated & thanks in advance.

Some insurers don't care if the car has a tracker or not, and the ones that do are often the more expensive ones so any discount you get is made irrelevant by the extra cost of them in the first place, plus the cost of the tracker and the subscription in the first place.

I've had one before, and I certainly wouldn't bother again.