Buying a new 370z and GT vs Black Edition

jabriel

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum so apologies in advance if the below are silly questions...

I'll be visiting the local Nissan dealership to have a look at the 370 black edition. (They have a new one sitting in their showroom with 0 miles)

Before i get there, I’d like to know what your thoughts are on the following:

1) How much discount have you negotiated when buying your 370?

2) What freebies did you squeeze into the deal? Or have you managed to secure any accessories/financing at cost price?

3) I read somewhere Nissan are throwing in free sat nav when you upgrade to the GT model. Is this true?

4) Assuming point 3 is true; do you think its worth going for the black edition?

5) Can anyone recommend a good dealership? (I don't mind where in the country they are!)

6) Currently Nissan are offering 2 years free servicing. Has anyone managed to get this extended to 3 years?

Thanks in advance for you feedback everyone.

:welcome: to the club!

Depends on what you count as discout. I always find it better to get bits thrown in rather than haggling money off the price. Hold your own though, and you can get a decent amount off. Remember, when they tell you an amount they will knock it off, work it out as a percentage, and play that back to them. Its supprising how little as a percentage some good sounding discounts actually are.

2) What freebies did you squeeze into the deal? Or have you managed to secure any accessories/financing at cost price?

I would push for gap insurnace to be included. Nissan want something extortionate as £700 for gap insurance! So thats a good saving. Then its the usual mats, etc. See what you can get.

3) I read somewhere Nissan are throwing in free sat nav when you upgrade to the GT model. Is this true?

Not heard that, but wouldnt put it past them. Nav doesnt come as standard on the GT model, but it did come as standard on the GT Ultimate (yellow) and does on the Black Edition

4) Assuming point 3 is true; do you think its worth going for the black edition?

I'm slightly bias as I have ordered one, but I would say yes. But only in Quartz as thats the limited edition colour. Personally I dont think its worth it for a plain black one

5) Can anyone recommend a good dealership? (I don't mind where in the country they are!)

WLGM in Slough have been great to me. Mention you are a member of the club, speak to G or Abid and they will sort you out

6) Currently Nissan are offering 2 years free servicing. Has anyone managed to get this extended to 3 years?

Not heard of this, but again, if they want to make the sale, its not a lot for them to give up to get your custom.

Hope that all helps :thumbs:

Thanks for your feedback! Just the tye of info I was looking for...

I've added another question to the end of the list.

Depends on what you count as discout. I always find it better to get bits thrown in rather than haggling money off the price. Hold your own though, and you can get a decent amount off. Remember, when they tell you an amount they will knock it off, work it out as a percentage, and play that back to them. Its supprising how little as a percentage some good sounding discounts actually are.

Good tip and thanks for that. I think anything less than £1k on the RRP isn't a discount. Am I likely to be able to achieve that or more than that? The car (black edition in manual) is approx 33k so a 1k discount is only 3%! I would like at least 6-10%. Your thoughts?

I would push for gap insurnace to be included. Nissan want something extortionate as £700 for gap insurance! So thats a good saving. Then its the usual mats, etc. See what you can get.

How much can we push them for extras? I want the mud flaps, mats, boot carpet, parking sensors and tracker fitted. Having thought about it though, If they don't budge on the cars RRP, do you think I should aim to get all the above and gap insurance thrown in for free. Or try to get some of them for free and push for the others at cost?

Not heard that, but wouldnt put it past them. Nav doesnt come as standard on the GT model, but it did come as standard on the GT Ultimate (yellow) and does on the Black Edition

This is what I was referring to - http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/deals/ ... -per-month. If this is true then I may be tempted to go down that road, if not, I’d only be interested in the black edition.

WLGM in Slough have been great to me. Mention you are a member of the club, speak to G or Abid and they will sort you out

Thanks, I'll get in touch with them soon. Also, they're not too far. Anyone else care to recommend another dealership?

6) What are the aluminium entry guards? Does anyone have a picture of how these look? Are they worth £286?

Any other advice will be much appreciated. And feel free to let me know if I’m being overly optimistic with my expectations.

Its a very personal thing as to how much you can get off the price and how much you can get chucked in, depends on who you speak to (ie sales man or sales manager), and how hard you want to push them. As a marker, I'd aim for 10% off a cars list price and see how far you can go, When you've pushed them to the limit on price, then talk about the freebies. How hard you push depends on if you want to feck them off or not. If you plan to have them do the servicing and any warrenty work, its not worth annoying the hell out of them to get a few freebies for them to then take a dislike to you!

You'd have to speak to Nissan dealership about the satnav, havent seen that deal until now.

For the kick plates, they are alu and illuminated like this:

z_acc_lg_kick_plates.jpg

Thanks again Chris.

With the warranty and servicing, if I buy the car from dealership A, do I always have to get the service and any warranty work done from the same dealership? Or could I go to another Nissan dealership closer to where I live for the service and warranty work? (Presumably the free servicing & warranty would be applicable regardless of the location of the Nissan dealership?)

All I care about is getting the best deal. I don't want to have people dislike me, but I hate pushy salespeople who think they are gods gift and outright refuse any discount! + it sucks when you visit a dealership with a salesman who doesn't know much about their products. (I had such an experience at a Nissan dealership recently but not sure that I'm allowed to say any more than that.) Anyway, I have started to diagress so will stop there.

The illuminated plates look much better than I thought they would! Now I want those too! This is getting more exp! :)

Servicing work can be done anywhere that uses the right parts that are equal to the manufacurers specs. Warrenty work just needs to be done at any Nissan dealer, so you can buy it one place and take it somewhere else - thats what I did with my last car, I bought it halfway across the country!

Definately dont let them push you around. You know you are on the right track when the salesman gets his manager ;)

Thanks, I'll get in touch with them soon. Also, they're not too far. Anyone else care to recommend another dealership?

Spoke to Abid today. He seems genuine and honest. Was much easier talking to him than another Nissan salesman based at another dealership. Am waiting for him to arrange a test drive for a manual and an auto.

TBC...

How hard you push depends on if you want to feck them off or not. If you plan to have them do the servicing and any warrenty work, its not worth annoying the hell out of them to get a few freebies for them to then take a dislike to you!

Surely I would have thought that if you say that you plan to have the servicing carried out at the same dealer then this should work in your favour to get an even better deal. In my personal experience I had to push really hard for the deal that I wanted, even though the dealer said I was being unrealistic. But eventually after lots of useless negotiations and after threatening to take my business elsewhere, they reluctantly gave in and I got the deal I wanted.... WITH the mats and boot mat thrown in!! I won't be losing any sleep about not being on their Christmas card list!!

Be ruthless mate, they'll screw you if you let them!! :rant:

(Although I'm sure the guys in Slough are a lot nicer to deal with than the unprofessional ******s I dealt with in Halifax!!)

I have to admit im disapointed with my local now....i left a message for the chap last week to say I want to test drive the manual before deciding and havent heard a dickie bird! :wacko:

Annoying as i may have to look elsewhere. :rant:

You'd think they should be the ones calling you up for the test drive, and treating you like royalty to get your business, especially for a car like that. They're all the same...!! :thumbdown:

It really worries me that if they're this crap when you're trying to buy the car, just how bad is the aftersales service going to be!?!?!?!?

This is the problem with Nissan, so used to selling Micras which sell themselves, they dont know how to cater for the upper end of the market they cover. HPCs are much better, and Slough have been neigh on faultless with me, but others have been pants! The cost saving over Porsche is most definately made in the training of sales staff :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of very poor dealers avoid West Way Manchester and a salesman called Darren! Absolutely useless and I know what you mean about dealers not returning phonecalls. Having said that my local Yeomans dealer in Worthing West Sussex has been excellent with my old 350z.

I went to West Way Oxford today and brought a Qashqai for my girlfriend but I had never seen so many 370's and GTR's in 1 place! The place was littered with them! Being a High Performance Centre they also had a couple of very knowledgeable staff there who seemed pretty clued up on the 370. Definetely one dealer that's worth checking out if you're looking for a 370!

HPCs are well worth the visit if you are close to them, the tech/service staff know their stuff much more. WLMG in Slough have just become a HPC too, so had quite a few GTRs to play with when I was last down there B)