Deal or No Deal?

token

Unfortunately I'm buying without seeing. I just dont have time to go view it. Have driven one very similar to it and I thought it was pretty good. The steering in the Zeds seems too light for me, whereas the Cayman and Boxster have got it just right.

I'm sure it'll be ok right? They will service it and MOT it. 3 months warranty as well which I presume can be used at any Nissan stealership.

Do you know what I should be given with the car e.g. how many keys, what books or tools?

i bought mine blind, but was in deep talks with the dealer, and they let me try it before signing off on it when they brought it down.

should have 3 keys ( 2 remotes and 1 valet key,) should also have a little tag on the key ring with the transponder code on

manual same as any car, and buying second hand not gaurenteed to have.

my last 2 cars inc the zed were bought without seeing first. but both were from dealerships and if something wasn't right you can go backa nd see them about it.

i wouldn't buy blind privately

and guys he's only asked some questions, if you don't want to help leave the thread alone. if he acts like a plum then jump in and flame away.

my 2p's worth

Just buy a boxster..... That's what you want!

It is and it isn't. Its such a good car, but is it £6000+ better than a Zed? I don't know. Plus I have had too hard a time buying one and the Zed was my original choice (see back to the GT4 Yellow Wanted thread).

I just went off on a tangent and ended up in Boxsterland in which I thought £20k+ would make me a king. Alas it didn't and I've come back to plan A which is the Zed. I've been looking for value for money and I think the Zed is where its at. Plus I saw one drive past me today and it was hot. The girl driving it wasn't bad either.

Boxter is common and more expensive. You will definitely get a lot more look in a Zed as it's fairly exclusive and the exterior and lines are better looking than a boxter IMO. Not sure about the ride though as i have never driven one before. Go for it, you know you want to :lol: I gave up my 325i BMW hardtop convertible for the Zed. The BMW is a better built german engineering but as far as raw fun and power and noice goes, Zed wins hand down.

Just buy a boxster..... That's what you want!

It is and it isn't. Its such a good car, but is it £6000+ better than a Zed? I don't know. Plus I have had too hard a time buying one and the Zed was my original choice (see back to the GT4 Yellow Wanted thread).

I just went off on a tangent and ended up in Boxsterland in which I thought £20k+ would make me a king. Alas it didn't and I've come back to plan A which is the Zed. I've been looking for value for money and I think the Zed is where its at. Plus I saw one drive past me today and it was hot. The girl driving it wasn't bad either.

maybe not 6k better but why not lower you price range. you going for 986 or a 987? With a 986 at least its a very very good car. the 3.2 is faster than the z. it cornors a lot better than the z. It feels better as your not lugging so much weight with you. brakes are good re the weight. mid engined and a great chasis make it feel so balanced. its a great car. More of a sports car than the z but thats why its more expensive. doesnt look as cool as a z IMO though.

Boxter. Pah!

The fact that there is one parked outside every Hair Salon and Trendy Wine Bar around where I live, really put me off. Could have bought one 3 years ago when I got my Zed, but there was no competition for me, the Zed won hands down.

My opinion, if you have £20k+ to spend. Get a good Zed for £15,000 and spen £5000+ on top notch mods and a reflash, pwer and handling. You wont regret not buying the poser car then!

Cayman S - £30k+ but they are a different story..............

Do we really need another Zed vs Boxster debate? Neither car is better than the other, they just have different strong points and weaknesses is all, and anyone claiming that either is clearly the better car because of some stupid stereotype is making themselves out to be a bit daft IMHO.

Do we really need another Zed vs Boxster debate? Neither car is better than the other, they just have different strong points and weaknesses is all, and anyone claiming that either is clearly the better car because of some stupid stereotype is making themselves out to be a bit daft IMHO.

I agree with you but personally looks aside I perfer the 350z looks no because the other one is "hairdresser" i just perfer it.

The boxster is a better car though IMO but you pay for it. interior is basic but good quality, leather covered dash. its spars but serves it purpose. Also the boxster is a convertable so thats +1. the engine is argubly in a better place. Everything on the boxster is typically German over enginereed. Great cars IMO. If you the best driving experiance the boxster wins hands down.