General loss of power

Stretch

Driving my zed today and noticed I seemed to lack power when accelerating. Was getting a tad concerned so I Booted it in second and only reached 60 MPH at 6000 revs which does'nt seem quite right. Don't think it's the clutch as it'll pull at low speeds in sixth without the rev meter spinning around. Not overly familiar with the car yet as I've only had it two months and for the majority of that couldn't drive it due to an op on my right arm but it just doesn't seem right. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

i am getting whats sounds like the same problem,

say i'm sat at 60 in 5th behind some chump on the motorway and then he moves, if i plant my foot without changing gear the revs shoot up by about 1000 then back down then the car accelerates gradually. have tested this with every gear and it does the same.

any ideas or anyone northeast fancy meeting up sometime and seeing what they think?

cheers

p.s. search is my friend

i am getting whats sounds like the same problem,

say i'm sat at 60 in 5th behind some chump on the motorway and then he moves, if i plant my foot without changing gear the revs shoot up by about 1000 then back down then the car accelerates gradually. have tested this with every gear and it does the same.

any ideas or anyone northeast fancy meeting up sometime and seeing what they think?

cheers

p.s. search is my friend

Now that does sound like it may be the clutch, revs shooting up before it bites.

thats what i thought, also felt a bit of a creaky feel to the clutch earlier.

took it to the dealer i got it from, he pulled it away in 6th, ragged it down the dual carriageway and back, i explained what and when it was doin it and he said the clutch seemed fine and he was confident it wasnt that.

they are ringing their man who used to work for nissan to see if he has an idea.

whats the bets the clutch goes on my way up the a1 to college in the morning?

thats what i thought, also felt a bit of a creaky feel to the clutch earlier.

took it to the dealer i got it from, he pulled it away in 6th, ragged it down the dual carriageway and back, i explained what and when it was doin it and he said the clutch seemed fine and he was confident it wasnt that.

they are ringing their man who used to work for nissan to see if he has an idea.

whats the bets the clutch goes on my way up the a1 to college in the morning?

For your sake, I hope not, that guy at the dealership sounds like an ass!

ok, so i thought it was the clutch that was going, so i took it to the dealers, still under warranty, he had a drive of it and said that was nothing wrong with the clutch and it was completely normal. even though it was different 3 weeks earlier when i bought the car. this was the salesman not a mechanic btw.

so i drove away on tuesday thinking maybe it was something else,

and then, tonight, on my way to the imax at the metrocentre to watch iron man 2 in glorious hd 3d glory, and about half way there, angel of the north area on the a1....

clutch went, not happy!

:angry::angry::angry:

:angry::rant::rant: