Difference between the 271bhp and 296 bhp

faz10

Hey i may be showing my ignorance on here.. But how did nissan get the gain for the 296 cars? was it a simple case of a remap?? Were other things changed? and if i buy the lower horsepower car is it just a case of remapping the car for the extra power..

any help would be greatly appricated people

thanks faz

i know its only 5 bhp but it means a lot to me the earlier ones were 276 not 271 bhp :blush::lol:;)

as for differences, in standard form the 296 is higher top end but lower torque.

in non standard form its easier to get more out of the older engine and you can get even more torque. go have a look a the abbey dyno thread, lots of dynos of both 276 and 296 engines showing torque curves and power gains.

Did the Japanese Z's have a higher bhp? An import company I was going to buy one off said they came out of the factory at 310bhp, 30(ish) more than UK spec ones. Was he just pulling my leg?

yank yank, :lol:

3 models

276 bhp pre 06

296 bhp 06-07

313 bhp 07+

Did the Japanese Z's have a higher bhp? An import company I was going to buy one off said they came out of the factory at 310bhp, 30(ish) more than UK spec ones. Was he just pulling my leg?

yank yank, :lol:

3 models

276 bhp pre 06

296 bhp 06-07

309 bhp 07+

(313PS)

Fixed that for ya RT ;)

Are there any differences on the exterior of an 06 296bhp engine to the 03-05 276bhp engine? I ask as I'm wondering if an 03-05 super charger kit would fit on an 06 engine.

Thanks, Paul

engines are different

its why they sell different kits for the different engines

from what ive seen on vortech site some bits would fit others would not , belt routing is not the same iirc and pulley size would be wrong too as the 06 doesnt drive the charger so hard due to higher red line . best buy the correct kit less your gettign some sort of super bargin on a used one and even then i bet its alot of extra pain in the botty sorting it.