which brake pads on a budget AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

sparky370z

hi there people,

first off i really dont want to seem like a total cheapskate :blush::surrender: but im saving for a house and all spare cash is going into that for a while! :thumbs:

my question is

i have a UK GT (Brembo's) but what are the best pads (front and rear) on a budget?? got about around 100 to spend. i know that they aren't going to be the best but i just want to stop OK.

i have looked in the search but the is just reams and reams of guff about pads that are way out of my price range, at the mo. :blush:

best price and where to get them would be a massive help!!

cheers

Sparky

Try Mitz at CS for some Ferodo DS2500 pads - work a treat with my Brembos

agreed a good choice pad, but might be out of the budget margin.

but mitz at CS is the man to speak to as he also does the red and yellow stuff as well.

Try Mitz at CS for some Ferodo DS2500 pads - work a treat with my Brembos

agreed a good choice pad, but might be out of the budget margin.

but mitz at CS is the man to speak to as he also does the red and yellow stuff as well.

Good point, Mitz did me pads, lines, fluid & a popcharger as a package so I couldn't say the specific price for the pads.

Sparky - would you fit them yourself?

yes i would fit them myself mate :thumbs:

also go a slight lip on the discs as well but i would grind that off and score the disc surface for a better "marriage" between the two.

do you lot think that would be acceptable?

discs can be done at a later date if not i think CS does some OEM plain discs at not to massive a price.

also go a slight lip on the discs as well but i would grind that off and score the disc surface for a better "marriage" between the two.

do you lot think that would be acceptable?

Heard about it being done before, seems fine to do.

have ordered these now was £68 delivered front and rear. pretty good as i thought it might be more.

cheers for your help

Sparky

Nice one mate - there is nothing to worry about they are the same as the standard ones and when I had mine they were fine - cant complain for the money and they do work well :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a full set from Euro car parts - £66 for a full set of OE quality PAGID pads, the ones they sell are to fit Brembos.

Not fitted them yet as there is more wear left than i first thought in the pads on there.

• 3 weeks later...