'Guns' now has spacers (Update May 2012)

Ebized

Seemed to handle ok from where I was looking :) Didn't seem to do so well on Sunday though, must have been out of respect for Mrs Ebized :D:drive1

Guns has just gone wider - well just an extra 3mm each side at the rear - not sure I could get away with any more :lol:

Now 23mm all round, using the 370 OEM 19" GT wheels

P1070344.jpg

P1070345.jpg

We will see how it handles in Wales this weekend

• 4 months later...

Yep, still using the spacers and can't say there is any real difference in feel with or without them in normal road use.

There might be a a little more cornering grip, but I'm aware there is a slightly more sudden breakaway than without them as ZEDS are otherwise very progresive in the oversteering department.

Tramlining is the same, with or without - hopefully will get that dialed out with some different tyres and maybe a tweak on the geometry sometime soon.

Added the spacers mainly for looks and they do have the effect of the tyres seemingly filling the arches more so hence I don't get so many "needs lowering and spacers" comments :lol:

Are you seeing most stone chips with them Colin? Thats my biggest worry due to the milage I do. Had to order a chip kit from paints4u a few days ago as notice my first chip on my bonnet :headhurt: Looks to be a good colour match in the pot, and they were spot on with the 350z so hopefully will be able to touch it in easily.

Difficult to say whether the spacers are increasing stone chips down the side but the 'mud guards' are hopefully helping to cut down that problem. The sills of the 370 are certainly more prone to chips than the 350, but having said that the front of the car has remained relatively chip free. Maybe that's because I tend to lead more on ZED drives these days :lol:

You have just remined me about ordering some paint - the touch-up 'pen' I got from the States (NISSAN US own offering) is not very good - have just used it to stop the chips I have picked up from spreading

Paints4u are great. Mine wasnt listed on the site, but left them the paint code yesterday and got the paint today!

I agree WRT the chips on the front, I am amazed I only have one so far in over 6k miles driving on the M4 in all conditions. Either the paint or the profile of the car is better at repelling the chips than the 350z