The S/C Results Are In 420whp :D

nurrish

FAO of Mark:

I have asked this before but you may have missed it?

There was also some questions wrt your opinion on piggybacks which i would very much like more clarification. ;)

What boost is she making and the boost at max power? Is the boost controlled by the pulley or Bypass/BOV or some sort of boost control?

I am asking because the standard vortech boost is limited to 9psi by the standard 3.33 pulley but people in the states do see 17psi with the 2.87 upgrade and apparently its capable of 25psi theoretically :scare:

I don't remember if Dave kit had the standard bypass or an upgrade since the guy he bought it from was running 470WHP with meth injection to reduce det :headhurt:

The racing bypas/BOV from vortech: http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=25

In anycase well done again and more grease to your elbows :#1:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, I can't say no more than AMAZING!

The sound seems fine from the (poor video) although it's there to remind you of the power it's pumping to those real wheels.

Just be dead carefull with all those ponies under the bonnet.

Cracking figures, I can only say I'm dead jealous - looking forward to seeing and hearing your car at the next meet. Not sure about those wheels though. Looks like they weren't meant for the mean car you now own!

Abbey have done you proud!!

I feel so happy for you :yahoo: when looking at your latest vids, thinking i would love to do the same. I have never driven anything as powerfull as your car and would love to compare a standard zed with yours.

Well done Dave and again Abbey for keeping us zed owners very happy :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

thats nice, no ones wants a motor to go bang especially the tuner. I am happy that the car is within the safe limits of the stock motor , would prefer to run a little less boost but I have said that to Dave it is something that may happen.

awesome motor just a shame about the noise of the Vortech sounds a little to mechnical to me thou.

thats nice, no ones wants a motor to go bang especially the tuner. I am happy that the car is within the safe limits of the stock motor , would prefer to run a little less boost but I have said that to Dave it is something that may happen.

awesome motor just a shame about the noise of the Vortech sounds a little to mechnical to me thou.

:lol: just said that so he'd come on and let me know how he's getting on ;)

He was talking about getting a different pulley to lower the boost more to save petrol from what I could understand :D

Didn't actually hear the mechanicals of the vortech yet.. still waiting for some vids :snack: