The S/C Results Are In 420whp :D

nurrish

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to driving your car back while you bring back my van tomorrow dave :lol:

:lol::lol:

But could you be seen in a car with pink wheels :p:p:p

Good point. I'm also going to set off 10 mins after you to make sure I'm not seen to be anything to do with it :p

great result mate, dead jealous!

seeing all you boys doing these boost mods is making think seriously about saving my pennys up for it. Unfortunately though I am not as competant as you boys with a spanner and would have to pay for someone to fit it, so it would be double the cost for me!

really nice final figures though and looking forward to seeing it, it all its pink wheeled glory at a meet this year!

WARNING : THIS POST REQUIRES A LOT OF HEAD TILTING!!

Well quite an interesting day.

Got to Daves at about 9am to be greeted by his mom ( :cloud9: ) and a bacon sandwich.

Met Grant (BladesGrant) at Leomington for a quick laugh about his Bermuda shorts and to pick his ECU up.

Arrived at Abbey at about 11.30 and Mark got to work sorting Grants ECU.

While Mark was working me and Dave had a cup of coffee and a wander around abbey. Its like a skyline production line!! :teeth:

(Ian, I would advise you look no further)

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Anyway, after a short while me and Dave were called into Marks 'headmasters' office for a telling off mainly about Dave's bodges that could have blown South England into its own little island. (feel free to post pics Mark :lol: )

A short while later Dave handed over his hard earned cash, got his keys and we were off! :teeth:

th_1269694425.jpg

I jumped into the supercharged beast at the petrol station for a go in the passenger seat and wow!!

We hit the dual carriageway and were gaining on a red EVO 9 when the car lost all power and stalled. At this point Dave was litterally shaking, we hadn't got a clue what had gone wrong and both of us had the damaged engine thought in the back of our minds :scare: (see video below)

th_1269695206.jpg

After limping back to Abbey, Mark managed to diagnose the problem. The culprit was a non flanged pipe on the intake which pushed the hoses on to the supercharger belt that in turn cut through the soft hose.

After a while eyeing up DJTIMOs new engine and chatting with Mark (awesome bloke, really, really knowledgeable) he managed to fabricate Dave a pipe and get us up and running again :yahoo:

All we had left was the journey home when Dave managed to get the attention of a Carrera 4S owner :drive1 and proceeded to spank him :#1:

th_1269706119.jpg

The car is an absolute beast and fair play to Dave for his DIY :thumbs: (oh, and yes his alloys are pink :p )

Bonus flyby vid :)

th_1269705500.jpg

Nurrish, I have given you a wrong dyno sheet, the power/torquegraph is not the right one, right figures but it isn't flywheel bhp thou 420bhp is the hub bhp , your car is approx 455bhp flywheel.....pleased your happy, makes thepower really smoothly thou really nice to drive, just a shame about the noise of the charger....

Nurrish, I have given you a wrong dyno sheet, the power/torquegraph is not the right one, right figures but it isn't flywheel bhp thou 420bhp is the hub bhp , your car is approx 455bhp flywheel.....pleased your happy, makes thepower really smoothly thou really nice to drive, just a shame about the noise of the charger....

Ahhh ok well if you get a chance send me the proper one through :thumbs:

Thanks again mark and a really appreciate what you have done for me :thumbs:

Btw...........i love the noise :cloud9::p

Fire the video man! jesus have a sore neck now! :lol: looking forward for some proper video documentation!

You try following a 420whp Zed and a Carrera in a 1.6 Astra Van thats done 155,000 miles while filming and having a fag!! :rant:

Also it was my iPhone so its easy to hold it upside down :lol::blush:

Excellent results Dave and no thanks to Ian who has contrived to ruin this momentous event with the poor filming :p

All i can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOw :yahoo::clap:

I still don't like the PINK wheels though :p

Can't wait to see it in flesh tomoro and ....... ahem have a wee go B)