K1 Exhaust Fitting Technique, Tips and extra Parts

SunZed

Hi everyone,

I am picking up my K1 on saturday and planning to have a go at the fitting myself.... :D

Tools I have, ramps, hydrolic Jack, toque rench.

Will I need to buy extra rubbers, clips, bolts etc.?

Where do I start? - Middle or back?

Any other points I need to know?

thanks

Alex

Yeah pay a garage £50 to fit it...trust me. :lol:

R

£50! :scare: Just got mine done for £20, 45 mins, no scratches under fear of death, perfect B)

But yeah, just get a garage to do it sooo much easier upon the ramp.

who is selling K1 exhausts now? Is this the same one that ESR use to sell, think I came up with that name lol, yay Im famous :lol:

New ones are from Japspeed. There have been a few fitment issues but they still seem quite popular, and I'm assured they are just as loud as the ESR ones :)

Definitely get new gaskets, I won my K1 on ebay and Japspeed werent helpful at all when calling them asking if they will sell me gaskets seperately. Bought them from Exhausts UK in the end. I had issues with clearance where the Y pipe joined so had to use a smaller rounder exhaust rubber to sort this. Had it on a week now and love it! Bungs are in at the moment and actually prefer the sound of them! With them out its just a joke really!!!!

The garage that fitted mine provided gaskets and fitted for 50quid all in. Getting the oem off is a pain. The rubber mounts are solid. Mines sounds amazing now! Very loud inside the car though and things started to rattle. In the process of padding the plastic and sound deadning the floor. Sounds ace from outside! Keep the bunts out, the look dreadful! It will probs hang a bit squint aswell but nothing to bad! Worth putting upwith in my opinion.

I started her up at my missus house the other night at 1.30am and set the neighbours jaguar alarm off on idle and then set another of on the way out the street. It's very very loud. I'm runnin nismo goodies so I don't know if that's making it any louder.