Project JDM Whore-HKS S/C Installation *done*

Ian

I would love to go down this route but my missus would castrate me :dry:

:lol: go for it!

Well done so far Ian, shame you didn't fit the injectors (guess you didn't) looks like the Cosworth plenum you need to take it off before fitting the injectors? :dry: What return system did you go for? *Pump?

How did it feel when you rev'd the engine and it died and didn't want to start again! :scare: Panic stations! :teeth:

i sh!t myself when it wouldnt start again :lol:

im getting abbey to fit the fuel system because im not 100% sure about doing it so would rather it get done properly. The cosworth needs to come off for the return system so ill leave the injectors untill then.

Fuel system is walbro fuel pump, cjm stage 0 return kit & 600cc injectors :)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to look a bit more like an engine bay now B)

Tonights jobs were to relocate my catch can now that I have my new bracket & start to refit my interior

DSC_3224.jpg

DSC_3226.jpg

DSC_3231.jpg

DSC_3235.jpg

Filter is pretty well wedged :lol:

DSC_3232.jpg

DSC_3236.jpg

Jobs left to do

Figure out why my horn isn't working :wacko:

Feed wire for water temp gauge into the cabin

Refit crash bar

Secure oil cooler hoses

Fit oil cooler

Refit bumper

Rebuild interior :blush:

All by wednesday night next week as the car is being collected Thursday for its holiday to Abbey :yahoo:

Have you thought of getting a single lenght 90deg silicone tube of same diameter to relocate the intake out infront of the rad using a longer slender cone filter just like the injen CAI?

It should be more efficient i think. Seen a few with the vortech guys. Think Nurrish has got this now as the vorteck intake looks equally squashed ;)

Have you thought of getting a single lenght 90deg silicone tube of same diameter to relocate the intake out infront of the rad using a longer slender cone filter just like the injen CAI?

It should be more efficient i think. Seen a few with the vortech guys. Think Nurrish has got this now as the vorteck intake looks equally squashed ;)

Theres a guy in the US looking into an Apexi filter & relocating that, just waiting for him to test it :)

Awesome work mate!

Wanna save me a fortune and fit my TT kit?!

Hell no :lol: I looked at installing the TT kit & its way too much work for me :surrender:

:thumbs::yahoo: what dates should've put in our calendar for the results?

Should have it back on 10th May :D

NOO - Everyones doing mesh now!! :rant:

Looks awesome mate! Is this it mod wise for a bit now that you are skint? :lol:;)

I've had my mesh for a while ;)

Really skint now :lol: Can't see there being much more done to it this year TBH :)

Surprsingly not many :blush: & I think they may even be the spares that came with the kit B)

I do have a lot of jubilee clips left over though, I have no idea where they go. I already have clips on all the pipe work, coolers & oil tank :wacko:

That's a bit random! :wacko: Always good to have spares around though :thumbs:

As long as he knows they are spares :headhurt:

Good work Ian, look forward to seeing this in the flesh B)

They are B) I think :lol:

Just need to refit my bumper properly, do the mesh, swap back to oem bonnet & fit new headunit & rebuild interior by tomorrow night :headhurt:

Just need to refit my bumper properly, do the mesh, swap back to oem bonnet & fit new headunit & rebuild interior by tomorrow night :headhurt:

:clap: congratulations Ian you have done it mate!

I just just gone through the build to see that you have not missed anything apart from the odd bolts and i still have querries on the fuelling side of things ;)

There is the DW inj to be fitted by Abbey and you have got the CJM stage 0 system in which effectively converts the OEM to a RFS :thumbs: However i did not hear mention of a fuel pump & FMU :surrender:

The OEM is limited to 165lph i think and if you are aiming for 370 WHP that might just be too close to or above this performance range and surely a walbro 255lph pump is cheap insurance :p Or presumably this included in the GTM stage 2 kit ?(too lazy to check their very slow website :blush: )

:clap: congratulations Ian you have done it mate!

I just just gone through the build to see that you have not missed anything apart from the odd bolts and i still have querries on the fuelling side of things ;)

There is the DW inj to be fitted by Abbey and you have got the CJM stage 0 system in which effectively converts the OEM to a RFS :thumbs: However i did not hear mention of a fuel pump & FMU :surrender:

The OEM is limited to 165lph i think and if you are aiming for 370 WHP that might just be too close to or above this performance range and surely a walbro 255lph pump is cheap insurance :p Or presumably this included in the GTM stage 2 kit ?(too lazy to check their very slow website :blush: )

Try reading? Theres a spec list on the first post, its also been mentioned a few times about the fuel system. Did you seriousley think that I would get that far & leave the fuel pump standard? honestly? re-read the thread & I want 1000 words on how great I am :p

And where exactly have I missed the odd bolt? :shrug: