900bhp 350Z

mtechautomotive

Hi everyone.

We are a tuning company down in Wilts and have been tasked with tuning a customers 350Z to around the 800-1000bhp mark.

The engine as it is has been fitted with the APS twin turbo kit (installed and tuned by another company), and recenetly failed on the road (big ends due to low oil of all things!) and was running around 550bhp.

We are aiming for as above quite high BHP figures. Does anyone have any specific information as to reccomended components, alterations etc.

We build alot of high power subarus and map our own management systems so we know the obvious, just not specific to this vehicle. I am thinking liners and closing the deck, but I am sure theres a lot more to consider so any info much appreciated.

I will of course post lots of info and images of the build on here :)

Thanks,

Matt @ M-Tech

:welcome:

Sounds like you have quite a project on your hands there! Luckily we have a few very knowledgeable members about, I'm sure they will make themselves known.

If you want to advertise your services officially on the site, can you contact one of the team for details :thumbs:

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Will certianly be interesting. I will take some pics of the car tomorrow to show you all what we are dealing with.

I think before we start advertising our 350Z 'skills' we have better get stuck into the first one we have ever toyed with! :D

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks I'll have a read around :D

First things first we need to remove the current engine, so will get that underway and strip it down to see what we are starting with.

Are there any top-nothc parts suppliers for this level of build? It is already running forged internals, but in accordance with its failure, the customer is wanting a complete fresh build.

Any ideas on where to start??

thanks!

Thanks I'll have a read around :D

First things first we need to remove the current engine, so will get that underway and strip it down to see what we are starting with.

Are there any top-nothc parts suppliers for this level of build? It is already running forged internals, but in accordance with its failure, the customer is wanting a complete fresh build.

Any ideas on where to start??

thanks!

:wave:

Sounds awesome.

I'm happy to help with the specifications. You might want to take a gander through our engine section:

http://z-store.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseacti ... gory_id=28

Best Regards,

Gaz

500, easy, 700, hard, 750 bloody difficult, 760, bloody sodding difficult... And so on!!

Couple of cars in the UK running 800+ think one could hit 900+ as hes running under but has options to run more..

Wishing you good luck with it, and looking forward to updates :thumbs:

:welcome:

Surely 900bhp would be undriveable, even Baptist said that he was spinning the wheels in third gear :wacko:

+1

On our roads it is totally pointless! Even 650 is pointless.....only usefull if he does lots of straight line racing.....

Good luck though :teeth:

Just \ road car as far as I'm aware!

We are also building a 500bhp AWD Nova for the chap as well utlising Evo 5 RS running gear... madness!

I have some pics will upload as soon as I find my elusive camera lead, really having one of those days today!!

Matt

:worthless: of the Nova! You can start a topic in other cars. I'm sure I won't the only person on the site with a soft spot for Novas!

Hi everyone.

We are a tuning company down in Wilts and have been tasked with tuning a customers 350Z to around the 800-1000bhp mark.

The engine as it is has been fitted with the APS twin turbo kit (installed and tuned by another company), and recenetly failed on the road (big ends due to low oil of all things!) and was running around 550bhp.

We are aiming for as above quite high BHP figures. Does anyone have any specific information as to reccomended components, alterations etc.

We build alot of high power subarus and map our own management systems so we know the obvious, just not specific to this vehicle. I am thinking liners and closing the deck, but I am sure theres a lot more to consider so any info much appreciated.

I will of course post lots of info and images of the build on here :)

Thanks,

Matt @ M-Tech

Hi Matt, very exciting times ahead with this build ;) As mentioned already my350z.com is a very good resource on high powered forged engined zed.

You should have a word with the guys at GT motosports who are well known and even make their highly rated stuff and have their own turnkey power packages :thumbs:

http://www.gtmotorsports.com

Good luck with the build and keep us posted ;)