How to - Change front brake pads on Brembo (pic heavy)

M13KYF

Glad so many people are still using and are gratefull of my posts. I sold the Z about 7months ago to save some cash and pay for a wedding lol. Nice to see the fourm is still strong...

Keep it up guys until Im back with another Z :thumbs:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You may find the caliper bolts are a tad tight.... breaker bar or something of the kind may be required wink.gif

A "tad"? "Tad"??

450Nm of hammer action for some considerable time freed three of the four front bolts, the last had to be broken by breaker bar plus scaffold pole. I've still not got the NS rear caliper off yet, as I was getting tired by 7:30pm and couldn't work any more. They've been soaked in penetrant spray overnight.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Tried doing my rear ones yesterday. Had one of the retention clips snap, and could not get the remaining piece to come out with pliers, arrrgh. Will try snip the remaining piece of the old one so it's flush and the pin can come out. Don't expect to be able to get the piece of the old clip out of the pin after I do that - so will need a new pin. Nightmare!

• 2 years later...

Useful guide :clap:

But... Is there a specific tool for pushing the caliper pistons back into their bores? ... Are the pistons the wind in/out type??

EDIT: Replaced my discs with Evora Grooved & Dimpled & fitted Ferodo DS2500 compound pads.

I actually was able to push the pistons back with just my fingers :ohmy: (30 yrs of spannering & have always used a specific tool)

My top tip is too always apply copperslip to any bolts/fasteners that you remove to aid easier removal next time around

Edited by Mavrik

Tried doing my rear ones yesterday. Had one of the retention clips snap, and could not get the remaining piece to come out with pliers, arrrgh. Will try snip the remaining piece of the old one so it's flush and the pin can come out. Don't expect to be able to get the piece of the old clip out of the pin after I do that - so will need a new pin. Nightmare!

Torqen do the kits:

Front:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/brakes/accessories/3994-350z-centric-front-brake-pins-and-clip-hardware-kit-with-brembo-calipers-11742041.html

Rear:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/brakes/accessories/3995-350z-centric-rear-brake-pins-and-clip-hardware-kit-with-brembo-calipers-11742056.html