KNOCKHILL TRACKDAYS UPDATED 17/11/10

Vik54

Hi folks, I'm seriously considering tracking the car at Knockhill, however I've never been to a track day before(unless you count a drift day). Just wondering If I would be better off on the hot marques day on the 23rd of October, or something like the Livingston Autoparts day on the 30th? I just worry about over enthusiastic drivers being on the track at the same time. :scare:

This is why I'd be leaning towards the hot marques day. Are there any of the instructors from Knockhill available on the night? Only ask as I've been round with one of them piloting a seat leon, and wouldn't mind a few pointers.

Really looking forward to some track driving :yahoo:

ps, I take it any exuberance out of the real radio hairpin is frowned upon? :drive1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks, I'm seriously considering tracking the car at Knockhill, however I've never been to a track day before(unless you count a drift day). Just wondering If I would be better off on the hot marques day on the 23rd of October, or something like the Livingston Autoparts day on the 30th? I just worry about over enthusiastic drivers being on the track at the same time. :scare:

This is why I'd be leaning towards the hot marques day. Are there any of the instructors from Knockhill available on the night? Only ask as I've been round with one of them piloting a seat leon, and wouldn't mind a few pointers.

Really looking forward to some track driving :yahoo:

ps, I take it any exuberance out of the real radio hairpin is frowned upon? :drive1

Steven - if its your first time ever I would recommend the HM track day as it is likely to be quieter....on the other hand the LAP day there may be instruction available (as in you might persuade someone to hop in with you for a few laps) and its a full day so you could really spend some time building up your skills - the HM day will fly by as its only three hours. On either day experienced trackers will be courteous and aware of beginers :thumbs:

Knockhill also do performance lessons which are 1hr intensive instruction - you do two laps with instructor observing - then instructor does three laps with you as passenger and you have feedback. Then you do ten laps under instruction have a feedback sesion and another ten laps ditto. This costs around the £100 mark and it is a good starting point :)

PS - coming out the hairpin sideways more than a couple of times would be frowned upon by marshalls and you may well get black flagged and hauled in for a wee chat... ;) slow in fast out :thumbs:

Steven I've done both.

I'd recommend the LAP day as it's a full day and you can take your time. People are on hand to give you pointers and have plenty of time to do so.

This is what I done for my first and although very scary at first and takes a bit getting used to the track style driving, by the end of the day I was enjoying myself. After this I then took a performance lesson which was awesome. Really points out some handy tips to you and shows you what to do when you take wrong lines etc.

I wouldn't recommend this first as then the instructor will only teach you basics. Do the LAP day first and then get a lesson.

Exactly what I done and now I have the buzz for the track.

It's less harsh on ur car than tearing round the streets like a hooligan. U can drive smoothly and no need to over rev the car etc. It's not a race but infact a day to just enjoy exploiting ur cars potential

:lol: yer a wee bit far away though Anders!

just a tad :teeth:

Anders, if you leave now you will make the hospitality hot breakfast. :thumbs:

:

7hours driving... could wait a few :teeth: Think I actually rather go south to mainland europe for a ring trip or something,then again a bit known to do silly things :lol::blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...