Evening...

Hi,

I'm Rob and I've finally decided to register on this fine forum ! :thumbs:

After a succession of BMW's I'm seriously pondering the move to a 350Z. I have a 120d at the moment, which although quite quick (though not in the same league as the 350) it is one seriously boring car.....

I was pretty keen at one point to go for a 2000/2001 Boxster, but then after reading the various horror stories such as engine failure I pretty quickly went off that idea, plus I have to say I wasn't 100% comfortable with the "hairdresser" image !

The 350Z really seems to tick most, if not all of the boxes for me. Obviously I'm prepared for a pretty big step up in fuel consumption, but that's par for the course for this type of car.

So - I think I'm in the market for an '04 - '05 Coupe, with of course the GT pack, would prefer the Rays alloys - but not essential. Budget £10.5 - £11.5K. If anyone hears of or sees a decent car it would be great if you could let me know, I'm in the East Yorkshire area,

Cheers, Rob.

:wave: Hi giuys and welcome. We got ours about 2 weeks ago, still wetting myself with excitment everytime i look at it on the drive, let alone drive it!

On the subject of MPG....i seem to be averaging between 25 and 29 normal driving to work and shops etc, inc ragging it when appropriate. But, i set the cruise control at 70mph, reset the computer, and i was getting 43.8 mpg !!! Then i set the c.c. at 90 mph and i was getting 35mpg. I was impressed! obviously what kills mpg is hard acceleration and revs, but these are hard to avoid in a Z.

Good luck, you wont regret it.

Thanks all for the very warm welcome :) - members certainly aren't as forthcoming on the BM forums !

Nixy - I live in Elloughton, near Brough, and commute over to Kingswood during the week.

I actually pass a Silver 350Z most days - reg DBZ **** - wondered if it was a forum member driving ??

Thanks again,

Rob.

Might be going to have a look at this one at the weekend.....

http://www.dentonmotors.co.uk/details.asp?cdID=8386321

The guy I spoke to seemed to think they could give me a reasonable p/x for my 120d.

Anyone know the car on here by any chance ? - opinions please.

It has factory sat nav which i'm not really sure is worth having given the cost of the update discs from Nissan !

Thanks,

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm still on the lookout for a decent "Z" - viewed a couple last week and to be honest both were pretty disappointing. On one (the silver one with Nav and standard wheels I posted earlier in this thread) the passenger door wouldn't open and the alloys were corroding and badly kerbed, the other had a largish hole in the leather of the driver's seat and signs of poorly resprayed bodywork.

Moving on, I'm now planning on looking at this one at the weekend:-

http://brianleighton.nissan.co.uk/used- ... MG&h=c3b7a

The car is only about a 20 minute drive from me and looks in very good condition - however, it is a standard car without the GT pack, albeit it does have the Rays alloys.

The price strikes me as pretty high, but ofsetting this is the backing of buying from a Nissan dealer. I also gather this garage has a pretty good reputation in the 350z community after doing a forum search.

The question is - would you guys consider buying a non-gt spec car if it were in top notch condition (which after speaking to the dealer i'm assured this is), or should I hold out for a nice GT ??

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Looks OK and red is a very desirable colour imo (not too many reds about) ........... BL are OK too ..... I think Nixy uses that garage ..... I can attend if you want me to ... I don't live too far away just let me know when you'll be there and you can have a look at mine which is a GT of the same vintage

As for the GT / Non - GT, it may affect resale slightly but if you're holding on to it for a while that shouldn't matter. The only thing I think you're really missing out on is cruise control (which I'll admit would be a nice-to-have) - the leather seats and Bose stereo are of questionable quality IMHO.

Chilli Red :cloud9: very rare indeed.

Non GT packs go for about a grand less than the GT equivalent so consider that when viewing.

Depends if you are that fussed about the leather or not whether to hold out for a GT. Oh and the cruise control too. Not sure the bose is really worth the extra cash or not though! I found the cloth seats sat a bit lower than the leather ones so if you are tall then the cloth maybe a better option for you...

I suspect a GT will be easier to sell on...

oh and welcome too :welcome:

I would suggest you come and have a look at mine \/ \/ \/ but you are a long way from west London!