Service schedule for a 350z

Lincolnbaggie

As everyone seems to have different ideas on when servicing is due and what it comprises I thought I'd list all of the relevant info in one thread.

(This assumes an annual mileage of less than 18,000 miles a year and is taken directly from the Nissan Maintenance booklet pages 18 and 19)

At 1 Year or 9,000 miles (whichever sooner) P1 service

At 2 years or 18,000 miles (whichever sooner P2 service (plus brake fluid change as extra item at additional cost)

At 3 years or 27,000 miles (whichever sooner) P1 service (plus coolant change as extra service item at additional cost)

At 4 years or 36,000 miles (whichever sooner) P3 service (plus brake fluid change as extra item at additional cost) - though P2 is exactly the same as a P3 :angry:

At 5 years or 45,000 miles (whichever sooner) P1 service (plus plugs changed as extra service item at additional cost)

At 6 years or 54,000 miles (whichever sooner) P2 service (plus brake fluid change plus coolant change as extra service items at additional cost)

At 7 years or 63,000 miles (whichever sooner) P1 service

At 8 years or 72,000 miles (whichever sooner) P3 service (plus brake fluid change as extra service item at additional cost) see note above about P3 vs P2

At 9 years or 81,000 miles (whichever sooner) P1 service (plus coolant change at additional cost)

At 10 years or 90,000 miles (whichever sooner) P2 service (plus brake fluid change and airbag system inspection as extra items at additional cost)

As you can see, the brake fluid should be changed every two years (or 27,000 miles if sooner) (regardles of the service due at that time) and the coolant every three years (or every 36,000 miles if sooner). Plugs are changed at 5 years (or every 54,000 miles if sooner).

Hope that helps everyone and stops the repeated questions. Any comments welcome.

P1 (basic oil change and inspection); P2/P3 (oil change and air filter change and inspection). Apart from that nothing is really done on the 350z above an inspection (don't really know what we are paying for if truth be told).

• Like 2

I have just enquired about a P3 service for 51,000mls and they quoted me £260........

This was at Anauld Shark Nissan Stealers in Dundee.......... Is this around the going rate?........

Cheers........ :D

I would avoid them mate if you can they have a pretty bad rep. I use Mackie motors in Arbroath. Give them a phone and see how much they quote you. My p3 im sure was only 220.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hey guys wonder if anyone can help im buying a 2004 350 with only 10000 miles on the clock but the previous owner has only had the car serviced twice was wondering if i should go for a full service just because of the age or just leave it till the millage gets to the next service interval .

• 7 months later...

Guys would be intrested to know, i have found a car with very low miles, under 6000 and its on a 2007 plate, my main concern would be around the servicing schedule being out of sync as it has hardly been driven for 3 years, now the garage will service the car if i were to buy it, but then how would it proceed?

I know some people are not mechanically minded but i have never taken any of my cars to the STEALERS for a sevice. I just dont see the point other than to get the sevice book stamped. Yesyerday Oil, Air filter Change, all fluid levels checked and topped up plus a complete set of Plugs fitted. Basic tools requires 8/10 mm socket, philips screw driver, spark plug socket with extention amd a 10mm spanner. 2 hours later done, and driving in the Peaks. This is not a boast on my part but IMO most people would have been able to takle these. £260/£400 seems to be a little excessive IMO for anyone to charge.

• Like 4

I know some people are not mechanically minded but i have never taken any of my cars to the STEALERS for a sevice. I just dont see the point other than to get the sevice book stamped. Yesyerday Oil, Air filter Change, all fluid levels checked and topped up plus a complete set of Plugs fitted. Basic tools requires 8/10 mm socket, philips screw driver, spark plug socket with extention amd a 10mm spanner. 2 hours later done, and driving in the Peaks. This is not a boast on my part but IMO most people would have been able to takle these. £260/£400 seems to be a little excessive IMO for anyone to charge.

+1 i do all my own work too. only take it to a garage when there is something i dont feel comfortable doing.

when is the zed due a gearbox and diff oil change?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Was quoted £399 all in for a P3 service by WLMG Mill Hill.

Mill hill is the hub for the performance cars of WLMG. they sent me for a test drive in a 55 plate that failed it's safety inspection. Failed it's mot. Needed 3k for new disks and pads and exhaust

Box. Plus the 2 front tyres were below legal limit. Had someone crashed into me and been killed all cars involved are impounded and checked by police safety examiners. I as the driver would have been charged for driving a vehicle in an roadworthy condition and could in a worse cash senario been up on manslaughter charge. it is one of many ongoing things that is going On between WLMG and myself at present. It would appear that the company buyer purchased the car cheep off the internet then shoved full dealership price on it and only sent it for mot inspection when a punter comes along to buy it. It's an adoptive policy of repair maintenance as opposed to preventive maintenance that franchise dealerships have adopted to maximise profits. However on this occasion it backfired as they tried to sell it to the wrong guy. This 2009 plate I got of them is not that much better. I hate WLMG and every lying conceited trickster who is

Trying to lie their way out of their obligations. Bit off topic but they are champagne prices for servicing and cowboy workmanship and attitude. Steer clear

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I've just brought an 04 350z 33K miles (just joined the forum). Does any one know details of how many of the 280 horses would still be left in the 350z, 7 years into its life. I've seen dyno tests on similar aged cars that have around 250Bhp. My main question is, can anything been done i.e. servicng some major/minor parts beyond what any P1,2,3 service includes, to restore the 280Bhp (or near to that) my car once had.

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know where to get a list of what is checked / serviced for each P service please?

I see that bear information but wondered if there was anywhere to find out the more technical stuff so that my local garage can take a look and see whether they are able to complete servicing for me rather than a main stealer.

cheers.

Does anyone know where to get a list of what is checked / serviced for each P service please?

I see that bear information but wondered if there was anywhere to find out the more technical stuff so that my local garage can take a look and see whether they are able to complete servicing for me rather than a main stealer.

cheers.