Service schedule for a 350z

Lincolnbaggie

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have heard people say that. Everything that needed changed or serviced before though will still need doing.

A general guide for the areas not covered by P1 and P2 is

Spark Plugs should be changed at 5 years or 54,000 miles

Front engine belts should be changed at 3 years or 36,000 miles

Antifreeze should be changed at 3 years or 36,000 miles

Transmission fluid should be changed at 3 years or 36,000 miles

VLSD fluid should be changed at 3 years or 36,000 miles

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Bit of assistance with this.

Documentation is minimal on my Zed however it does have a full book 'o' stamps.

Its a 2007 at 50,000 miles

The last Four service stamps are

25k "L3"

30k "P1"

37k "P3"

42k "P1"

If I was to be playing this safe what Should I be doing in total? It will be serviced by my local mechanic (long time friend)

Depends on the date. If by P3 you mean the plugs and/or other fluids were changed (see post one for clarification on why P3 is meaningless) then if that was longer than 3 years ago for fluids, or 5 years for plugs, then they need changing. If it was more recent, which you would hope, as there has only been one oil change since, then they don't. See post 56 above (or go back to post 1). Minimum requirement is every year or 9000 miles if sooner, which is basically oil and filter change plus checks. Further details in the hand book or post number one.

In basic terms, if everything was changed at 37k within the last three years, then you just need an oil and filter change (+ checks). Otherwise, work out what needs changing using the lists above.

• 8 months later...

I created a spreadsheet to track service schedule and show how many days are left until your next one. As I dont drive much, it set up to run on years, the distance data is in the top table but it doesn't flow through to the service checker.

I put a copy of it on google drive for anyone else to use. I don't normally use google sheets but dont have excel on my home pc. Hopefully this link works!

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Obviously take a copy of it if you want to use it for yourself.

Looks like I'm overdue an air filter change!

Edited by Randy_Baton
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

I created a spreadsheet to track service schedule and show how many days are left until your next one. As I dont drive much, it set up to run on years, the distance data is in the top table but it doesn't flow through to the service checker.

I put a copy of it on google drive for anyone else to use. I don't normally use google sheets but dont have excel on my home pc. Hopefully this link works!

That's awesome, do love a good spreadsheet!!

Been looking to do something like this for a long time, not just with the Zed. I just never get round to doing it.

So thank you very much for sharing this, its a good base to start with and I will now only have to make slight adjustments to suit :)

• 1 month later...

Hello Chaps,

I've been looking through this thread to get an idea of how important it is considered, for the frequency and mileage of the servicing.

I've had my GT4 serviced every year at the Nissan dealer but on several occasions, it has done less than 1000 miles between services.

As of now, it's due it's next service and it's 1000 miles since last year's one.

Bearing in mind it will only do another 1000 miles until next year's service would be due, do you all think it's acceptable to skip a year and do the next service next year?

I'm interested to know what others in a similar situation are doing because until now, I've been a bit of a stickler for getting the stamp in the book done on time every year...mostly to avoid questions when I sell the car. It's a bit ridiculous though really because the car does so low mileage, it seems a waste of money to do it every year.

Using the dealer isn't my issue, 1000 miles between services is the real issue, whoever does the work. What do you guys think?

There is a reason why frequency of services are suggested based off mileage and time.

Think of the time being the minimum required service intervals. So every year you should service the car, regardless of mileage. If you do <9k miles then this remains unchanged, but over that you have to do extra. Not the other way round.

Can you get away with servicing less frequently if your mileage is very low - yes, Should you - no. However, with a bit of common sense, you can decide what can be let slip.

E.g. An air filter won't really degrade if you aren't driving the car, but oil will, regardless of mileage.

Edited by Strudul

• 3 months later...

I've updated the guide to included the recommended service parts and quantities and links to any guides and traders.

Let me know if I've got anything wrong.

:thumbs:

Edited by Randy_Baton

• 4 months later...