370z pricing

smartmove

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt sound too good mate, will see what I can find out about the recall :thumbs:

I've email them this evening asking for specific details on the recall as my imagination is now running wild. I have nasty images of my "brand new" car in the bodyshop or something even worse! :scare:

The recall is for new wheel nuts. Apparently Nissan have changed the nuts on the 2010 model and my car is held at the Nissan import centre while these new type nuts arrive. The dealer has said that Nissan sales are happy to call me to confirm so I am happy this is legit and not an excuse.

The recall is for new wheel nuts. Apparently Nissan have changed the nuts on the 2010 model and my car is held at the Nissan import centre while these new type nuts arrive. The dealer has said that Nissan sales are happy to call me to confirm so I am happy this is legit and not an excuse.

Make sure that includes the locking nuts - replacement wheel costs are very :scare:

Woo! The dealer just called and the car has now arrived! The issue was indeed locking wheel nuts (or lack of) but all has now been sorted and it will be ready for me to pick up on Friday afternoon :yahoo:

WHOOP! Nice one buddy, you will be having kittens by the time Friday comes! What a great new toy for the weekend :yahoo:

I cant stand the wait I am having for mine :blush:

Just spent most of the afternoon trying to get the Aviva free 7 day insurance thing sorted with there Indian call-centre but they really are the most useless bunch of idiots I have had to deal with. Long story short they will not insure the car as they cannot be competitive on an annual quotation so dont want to give me 7 days free. Got my own insurance company direct line sending through the docs to the dealer but as thats by post its not a sure thing that it will arrive with them by Friday so may have to get the car on Monday instead :(

One thing is for sure I will never be trying to use Aviva for any insurance products again.

Just spent most of the afternoon trying to get the Aviva free 7 day insurance thing sorted with there Indian call-centre but they really are the most useless bunch of idiots I have had to deal with. Long story short they will not insure the car as they cannot be competitive on an annual quotation so dont want to give me 7 days free. Got my own insurance company direct line sending through the docs to the dealer but as thats by post its not a sure thing that it will arrive with them by Friday so may have to get the car on Monday instead :(

One thing is for sure I will never be trying to use Aviva for any insurance products again.

Why not use Chris Knott, they were easy to deal with and no problem covering mods and for a litle over £400 for the full protected package, competively priced too :thumbs:

And the club benefits by business from members on here ;)

Yes, I'll give them a try as soon as my policy becomes due (only a month or so to go). I only tried Aviva for the 7 day thing as they email the dealer directly the cover note so they can tax the vehicle. If the cover note from my current insurer doesn't get to them on Friday then they can't tax it and I can't pick it up :(

Why not use Chris Knott, they were easy to deal with and no problem covering mods and for a litle over £400 for the full protected package, competively priced too :thumbs:

And the club benefits by business from members on here ;)

I think its more the fact that the car has to be insured for the dealer to get it taxed Colin, and for that they need originals of the ins docs :bang:

Normally the insurer will send a cover note to the garage direct ;)

Yeah he said its going direct, but I guess having informed the insurer today, it might not make it by Friday. I still think you can get the insurer to fax it ;)

Unfortunately it's against Directline policy to send policy and/or certificates via fax :(

I have to admit for a fraction of a second today when I had been on the phone to Aviva for about an hour I considered forgetting the whole car buying thing! Soon snapped out of that idea though :)

Thats strange I picked up my car last Thursday and the dealer didnt ask me for any insurance details, I just phoned my insurance company and they swapped my details over..

Car picked up, fully taxed for 12 months and driven away... Oh happy days :D

Thats strange I picked up my car last Thursday and the dealer didnt ask me for any insurance details, I just phoned my insurance company and they swapped my details over..

Was that a new car? And are you the first registered owner? If the car is registered to the garage they can tax it, but for a new car to be you as the first owner, they have to have insurance in your name I beleive :thumbs:

Sucks a bit that insurance wont fax out a cover note, theres so many instances that you need them :bangin:

Was that a new car? And are you the first registered owner? If the car is registered to the garage they can tax it, but for a new car to be you as the first owner, they have to have insurance in your name I beleive :thumbs:

Sucks a bit that insurance wont fax out a cover note, theres so many instances that you need them :bangin:

Yep a brand new 2010 and Im the 1st reg owner, in fact the dealer never mentioned insurance, the car was taxed for 12 months when I picked it up... :D

PS. Just to ruffle a few feathers but I couldn't help noticing how "old" my 350 looked parked near the 370, I hadn't seen the 2 cars alongside each other in the flesh before, only on the internet. I still love my 350 but am definetely making the right move :)

PS. Just to ruffle a few feathers but I couldn't help noticing how "old" my 350 looked parked near the 370, I hadn't seen the 2 cars alongside each other in the flesh before, only on the internet. I still love my 350 but am definetely making the right move :)

No arguements from me on that one

/runs for cover :headhurt: