Car & Driver crashes NISMO 370 Z

Indyzed

The inset panel in the article says it had the low-dust pads they use in the US, not the dirty ones we usually get here - it's all the fault of the JD Power survey where the septics rate dirty wheels from brake dust as a negative point

oem pads here are dusty. plenty of aftermarket better performing ones out there which produce less dust.

Accoridng to a lot of the guys on the US 370z forums, they cant see how C&D did this. Nissan wont say anything other than they ran street pads which arent designed for the track and they should have been using the Nismo ones. The chaps over the other side of the pond (who do a lot of track days) seem to allude to the fact that you have to drive like a complete plank to even get anywhere near what C&D did. The OEM pads go off at the rate you would normally expect and get more and more spongey before letting go. So C&D must have been mullering the car and not paying any attention to its feedback for it to fail in the way it did! :bangin: Oh and they are spouting BS, Nissan (Nismo) offered the uprated pads long before C&D killed theirs ;)

having hooned multiple 370z's around silverstone i can say you definitely notice when the fade starts to set in, got a long pedal once going into abbey but it wasnt unexpected (happened in the GTR as well), could feel it at the end of hanger and it had no time to cool, nothing like they are suggesting in the article, brakes stood up to quite a bit of punishment :thumbs:

having hooned multiple 370z's around silverstone i can say you definitely notice when the fade starts to set in, got a long pedal once going into abbey but it wasnt unexpected (happened in the GTR as well), could feel it at the end of hanger and it had no time to cool, nothing like they are suggesting in the article, brakes stood up to quite a bit of punishment :thumbs:

That echos what a lot of the chaps in the States have said, you feel it quite a way off. They think that what possibly happened was simple lack of talent from the driver, or the driver went into the big braking (100+MPH down to 40MPH) with already cooked brakes and hence it just didnt stop. Either way I suspect it was driver error ;)

C&D have been doing these tests for years and have managed to not crash any other car, including an Infiniti G37 with very similar (if not identical) brakes... So I think they know what they're doing!

Even ignoring the failure, the car was thrashed by an Audi TT with 85bhp less power :doh:

It was a TTS

...which is an Audi TT with 265bhp, 85 less than the Nismo.

I want to like it a lot, but it's a sad day when the ultimate 370Z is barely quicker than a regular 2006 350Z with 50bhp less:

2006 350Z Track ... 3:12.50

2009 370Z Nismo ... 3:12.00

2009 Audi TTS ...... 3:08.40

It was a TTS

...which is an Audi TT with 265bhp, 85 less than the Nismo.

I want to like it a lot, but it's a sad day when the ultimate 370Z is barely quicker than a regular 2006 350Z with 50bhp less:

2006 350Z Track ... 3:12.50

2009 370Z Nismo ... 3:12.00

2009 Audi TTS ...... 3:08.40

Oh yeah , I was thinking TTRS :blush:

All of the new Audi TT range seem to defy the laws of physics. They're all posting up times way faster than their specs suggest. No very powerful, and not particularly light.

Dunno how they do it!

The Nismos competitor, and the 370's in general, should be the TTRS and not the TTS (If we take price out of the equation that is)!