Anyone running 20's?

craigy hardcore

I'm not a fan of huge wheels however, I have came across a nice set of 20s which I think could look good on my zed...

sizes 20" 5*114.3

Offset 38 and I believe they are 9inch wide...

I have no idea if these will fit or not or whether I'd have problems...

Can anyone shed some light please...

Thanks in Advance

Craig

Thanks mate...

tbh I don't know what make the wheel is... I've emailed the guy to ask as its not stated.

They're pretty pimp and a good price so I thought I'd ask you lot before I declare any interest. They're also quite universal and would probably look good on anything and as I'm not a fan of big wheels they should be pretty easy to move on if I don't like the look :D...

Again thanks for the input guys!

I assume you are talking about the Firenze wheel in that fitment. I have one here that I have test fitted on my Z and imo, it sits very close to the suspension strut so you would need a 20mm spacer on it to fit properly.

How close is close? Surely being close to the suspension strut is not an issue as it does not change. Being close to the arch - thats a different matter.

It's the relationship between the width and the offset that's important. Have a search as I'm sure Bulletmagnet or Biscuit did a drawing for this

think it would have been BM, as wheels are not my area of expertise, all that offset stuff gives me a head ache. :lol:

i get it, but not enough to make recommendations ;)

I'm more lost when it comes to wheel setup then most, I do the reading then I get it for about 2 days until I forget it again, once I find a good set of wheels I'd need to get some help from here no dought. :blush:

No one scrutinizes offset more than the Yanks, just go to any forum, you see a pic of a car think the offset looks alright and then someone comes along and rips it to parts, it is a little confusing to say the least but it really shouldn't be.

I have just put some 20s on mine. 20x8.5 with 245/34/20 front, 20x10 with 275/35/20 rear, ET35. The rears clear the brembo calipers fine, but the fronts are very close about 2-3mm to the calipers and also close the suspension strut. They look pretty good and dont really need spacers. I'm not having any issues at the moment but the car is sitting a bit high so I will be lowering it, so the tyres may or may not rub against the arches, if they will I'll have to roll the arches.

If I were you I'd test fit the wheels to make sure they clear you calipers before buying spacers, if they are touching the calipers you may be ok with getting some shims. Remember to take that bolt off on the front hub otherwise your wheels wont fit on.

I have just put some 20s on mine. 20x8.5 with 245/34/20 front, 20x10 with 275/35/20 rear, ET35. The rears clear the brembo calipers fine, but the fronts are very close about 2-3mm to the calipers and also close the suspension strut. They look pretty good and dont really need spacers. I'm not having any issues at the moment but the car is sitting a bit high so I will be lowering it, so the tyres may or may not rub against the arches, if they will I'll have to roll the arches.

If I were you I'd test fit the wheels to make sure they clear you calipers before buying spacers, if they are touching the calipers you may be ok with getting some shims. Remember to take that bolt off on the front hub otherwise your wheels wont fit on.

Any pics?