Jack and handle

Ebized

For some strange reason that I have not been able to work out, the 370 is supplied with a wheel nut brace but there is no scissor jack or handle in my car?

OK, so we have the tyre sealant and pump so theoretically there is no need to change wheels - but why have the wheel brace :wacko:

Or, is my car missing the jack and handle? But before going back to the dealer can anyone with a 370 let me know if they do have the jack and handle, or theirs is just like mine? :)

Thanks

is it to ensure your nuts are tight??

I hope this is not going to mean this thread going downhill form here :doh:

More seriously, yes I guess that could be the answer John - just annoyed I haven't got the scissor jack to try out the Nismos from the 350. Looks like halfrauds might be getting a visit!

I am sure they will have the scissor jack with the 370 - surely they are not that obsessed with weight saving? I have an old one you can have Colin but it would mean a trip up or I can post if you like :)

Cheers Stan - and given we might have another excuse to come your way soon ;)

I am sure they will have the scissor jack with the 370 - surely they are not that obsessed with weight saving? I have an old one you can have Colin but it would mean a trip up or I can post if you like :)

Cheers Stan - and given we might have another excuse to come your way soon ;)

Thats sorted then - will try to find it in the garage!

....................................... some where!! :doh:

No news yet still on defcon1! :scare:

sorry to hijack your thread Colin (no pun intended!!!) but it is kinda wheel related - I absolutely love your rims (I saw them on Sunday) - are these same fitments as 350z and are do you know if anyone sells them?

David

As far as I know they are interchangeable - the only issue, I believe, is whether the wheel design will clear the calipers and the offsets look right. As soon as I can lay my hands on a jack I want to try the 19" LMGT Nismos that I kept from the 350 on the 370 as the rim and tyre sizes are the same bar the fronts where the tyre profile on the Nismos is 35 whereas on the 370 they are 40.

Remember that the base 370 is on 18" wheels and they tend to be the ones you see advertised rather the 19" wheels you saw on my car that are on the GTs and Ultimates ;)

I will post up as soon I get a jack and handle :lol:

For some strange reason that I have not been able to work out, the 370 is supplied with a wheel nut brace but there is no scissor jack or handle in my car?

OK, so we have the tyre sealant and pump so theoretically there is no need to change wheels - but why have the wheel brace :wacko:

Or, is my car missing the jack and handle? But before going back to the dealer can anyone with a 370 let me know if they do have the jack and handle, or theirs is just like mine? :)

Thanks

I think that is correct Colin and the wheel brace is there to make sure that your wheels do not fall off :blush::lol:

Not missing, discussed on NS some time ago.. Seems its the same across all 370z's But what I couldnt figuer out was that even with the foam that there was no way of lifting the car to get the stuff in if you have got a flat!

could the can have enough pressure to lift the wheel up as it goes? it must do, that would make sense.

theres only one answer

COLIN! go out and stick a nail in your tyre and report back :thumbs::snack:

Thanks for all the helpful answers which has at least reassured me my 370 is not the only one without a jack and handle, but at least the foam cut-outs are there for them.

From the handbook you get the impression you squeeze the sealant in and then start the pump but it then says if the tyre does does not start inflating as the hole is not sealed to call Nissan service - very helpful, I think not. Just make sure the breakdown cover is up to date.

As there is easily room for a spacesaver wheel and the handbook indicates the sub-woofer will fit inside that as it does refer to that combination, so that will be my favoured option.

So jack, handle and spacesaver wheel on the list.

And dawg, you don't get your bone tonight :nono:

Thanks for all the helpful answers which has at least reassured me my 370 is not the only one without a jack and handle, but at least the foam cut-outs are there for them.

From the handbook you get the impression you squeeze the sealant in and then start the pump but it then says if the tyre does does not start inflating as the hole is not sealed to call Nissan service - very helpful, I think not. Just make sure the breakdown cover is up to date.

As there is easily room for a spacesaver wheel and the handbook indicates the sub-woofer will fit inside that as it does refer to that combination, so that will be my favoured option.

And dawg, you don't get your bone tonight :nono:

Currently dont run with a jack (crap nissan one broke!) or a spare (weight reduction!) .... Its called breakdown cover!!

Currently dont run with a jack (crap nissan one broke!) or a spare (weight reduction!) .... Its called breakdown cover!!

Thats fine on mainland UK, but when in the highlands of Scotland, Skye or IoM, you might be waiting a while ;) Thats when you give Stew a call :lol:

Perhaps this is why the 370's cost marginally less than the 350's did new. :lol: It does seem a bit odd. Don't mention the oil cooler. :lol:

Don't mention the oil cooler. :lol:

No doubt why we get an oil temp guage rather than oil pressure one now ;)

Nissan America have confirmed that if the 370 is going to be used for track work then an oil cooler is recommended - and guess what, Nissan will want to sell you one :lol:

Meanwhile on the jack and handle hunt.........

Don't mention the oil cooler. :lol:

No doubt why we get an oil temp guage rather than oil pressure one now ;)

Nissan America have confirmed that if the 370 is going to be used for track work then an oil cooler is recommended - and guess what, Nissan will want to sell you one :lol: .........

Although there are reports now from the US that some of the oil coolers they have been running dont allow the oil to get up to temp on the street and keep it too cold, even when its "bypassing" the cooler :doh::bangin: