Exhaust and wrapping done

Ebized

Fedex are usually really quick, they normally send you the customs bill a week after delivery. I thought the package I got last week was small enough to sneak through but I had a customs bill today :(

Booo dont say that, I dont want to pay HMRC :boxing:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fedex are usually really quick, they normally send you the customs bill a week after delivery. I thought the package I got last week was small enough to sneak through but I had a customs bill today :(

I think you will be very lucky to escape it :surrender:

I think you will be very lucky to escape it :surrender:

I know but I can be optimistic :lol:

Its a joke tbh. Parcelforce are the worst though :thumbdown:

They wrote down the wrong address on a package & then tried charging me £6 to get the address changed so that they could deliver it to the right house. I got a bill from them today & the handling fee is more than half what the tax is :rant:

I got a bill from them today & the handling fee is more than half what the tax is :rant:

Royal Mail take the mick - I got some lense adapter tubes from the States - £11 total charge - £3 import charge and £8 handling from RM! :bangin:

I've been looking into Evo-R stuff, but never had any of their carbon before. Whats the quality like? I havent seen any proper upclose HiRes pics of their stuff for the 370z yet, but from a distance it does look good. Shame you have to drill the rear bumper to fit the diffuser, sure they could have done something to fix it around the foglight.

With regards to the CF wrap, now it's been on your car for a bit how is it wearing? Just worried how it would stand up to stones etc.. hitting it at speed? Did you consider the EVO-R CF cover?

http://www.evo-r.net/product/370Z/CF_Fang/index.html

Its wearing OK - a couple of stone chips but being matt black it is dead easy to hide - in fact I can't find the first one. :lol:

At the rear there were slight signs of peeling as it had been taken to the leading edge of the bumper, but that has now been rectified by lifting the edge and fixing another layer under that in turn is turned under and up into the inside of the bumper. It is under the car and out of sight so the joint cannot be seen and no big deal in my book. To be fair to rgva it was their first fitting and getting the wrap around all the curves of the exhaust slots and fog light was not easy and there was no issue in having the 'fix' done. :thumbs:

I had not seen the EVO-R offerings until this thread but what I had done works out about a third of the price of getting the their two products here. Personally, I'm not a fan of the shiny carbon and the beauty of the wrapping is that it can be removed leaving no holes, unlike the EVO-R rear diffuser. There may come a time when I see a product like EVO is offering that might tempt me to change, but the time being I'm very happy with the outcome and those who have seen it have commented favourably.

Thanks for the reply Ebized, I think I'll try the wrap first and see how I go. There has been some reports that the carbon cover can scratch the paint which obviously isn't ideal when I come to sell and perhaps want to remove the cover to make it stock. Is the wrap stuff the 3M product that is sold on ebay?

Thanks for the reply Ebized, I think I'll try the wrap first and see how I go. There has been some reports that the carbon cover can scratch the paint which obviously isn't ideal when I come to sell and perhaps want to remove the cover to make it stock. Is the wrap stuff the 3M product that is sold on ebay?

pm KJ - he will give you the details ;)

I like what Colin's done with the wrapping, but my question is 'why the fangs in the first place' .................I don't know of anyone who likes them

There are many stories out there. First everyone thought they would be functional but then they appeared to be blanked off, but on closer inspection, theres actually a blanking plate behind each fang, which means you can attach cold air feeds, either for the brakes or the air intakes. No one knows if Nissan meant them to be for the brakes or the intake, but my guess is for the brakes when it come to race car setups ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Ebized, if you don't mind me asking, how much did Stillen charge you for shipping? They quoted $450 to the UK which sounds very steap to me! :)

It is a bloody big box and about 35kg if you are after the exhaust ;)

Yeh, that explains the shipping costs then! :) Is Stillen pretty much the preferred choice for the 370's at the moment?

Ebized, if you don't mind me asking, how much did Stillen charge you for shipping? They quoted $450 to the UK which sounds very steap to me! :)

It is a bloody big box and about 35kg if you are after the exhaust ;)

Yeh, that explains the shipping costs then! :) Is Stillen pretty much the preferred choice for the 370's at the moment?

Well I think for Colin and I, we both wanted something that sounded like the Nismo does on the 350z - and for that the Stillen was perfect. Also when Colin got his they had a deal on I think to get it cheaper, and when I got mine, you got the Gen 3 intakes for free, which was something I wanted anyway, so both of us go what was a good deal at the time. They get good reviews on the370z.com and dyno proven results (both exhuast and intakes). There are others out there, like the Berk which Envy now do. I think thats pretty similar to the Stillen. Have a look through the370z.com and see which one you prefer, and also which one comes in cheapest if thats a big factor :thumbs:

Also be prepared to have an import duty bill of ~£175 on it ;)

Also, what effect (if any) does changing the exhaust have on the cars warranty?

Bit of a grey area, it will void your warrenty on any bits that it effects, which in reality isnt a lot. Any decent dealer should be happy with it TBH, but they could try and use it as a get out clause if something goes wrong, as most will wrongly try and deny any warranty claim because of it. A quick bit of shouting and you'd be ok though :)

Bit of a grey area, it will void your warrenty on any bits that it effects, which in reality isnt a lot. Any decent dealer should be happy with it TBH, but they could try and use it as a get out clause if something goes wrong, as most will wrongly try and deny any warranty claim because of it. A quick bit of shouting and you'd be ok though :)

Yah, feel a bit better now. Also googled and found the following and it looks like it would be illegal (breaking EU law "'Block Exemption Regulations 1400/2002'") for Nissan to refuse warranty work as long as the exhaust being used is of equal quality to the stock one.

Yah, feel a bit better now. Also googled and found the following and it looks like it would be illegal (breaking EU law "'Block Exemption Regulations 1400/2002'") for Nissan to refuse warranty work as long as the exhaust being used is of equal quality to the stock one.

Yup spot on :thumbs: