370z Black Edition

Chris`I

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'v both gotta swap those mirrors overs ;) what do you think to them colin? (honestly) so what colour you thinking chris?

I wouldn't disagree with you - proportionally they are too big and strangely the rear view seems more restricted than I found in the 350 - to the point I have read some are concerned that there is something of a blind spot. I've not found the rear view myself an issue (yet) but its almost the case that I'm looking for it - if that makes sense :wacko:

Right details are in - not the offical press release, but beleive its as good as:

370Z Black Edition

We are pleased to announce details of a special limited edition 370Z coupe. Originally released in Japan and USA to celebrate the 40 year history of Z and known as the 40th Anniversary Edition this new version for Europe will be called 'Black Edition' to link in with the GT-R range. The vehicle is on sale now with first registrations due in April. This is a strictly limited edition with only 370 units available across Europe on a first come first served basis, so once they are gone there will be no more. Each car will come with a unique numbered plaque located behind the seats on the bracing bar to show its exclusivity

Specification includes GT Pack plus:

Exterior

* 2 body paints: Quartz (KAV) or Black (G41) metallic paints with Scratch Shield technology (Quartz: expected to be available for July delivery)

* 19†dark grey wheels – same design as current Coupe

* Red brake calipers

* 40th anniversary emblem on rear

Interior

* Red leather/suede seat with 40th anniversary stamp

* Red door panel inserts

* Red stitching on steering wheel, upper box on C-cluster and knee pads

* Unique numbering plaque located between the seats fixed to the bracing bar

Equipment

* Connect Premium

-- touch screen satellite navigation,

-- 4 times the screen resolution

-- Michelin Guide

-- iPod connectivity

-- 9.3GB hard drive music storage

-- Voice activation

-- DVD player (when vehicle is stationary)

* Available with 6 speed manual or 7 speed automatic with paddle shift transmissions

Pricing

* The vehicle is very competitively priced and equipped with Connect Premium, metallic scratch shield paint, unique specification and limited in supply to ensure a strong take up

-- Manual = £33,645

-- 7 speed auto with paddle shift = £35,045

Please Note: the OTR price shown in the current price list was correct at the time of print but the new showroom tax (from April 2010) has now been added into the DMPL which is the OTR price which should be used. New price lists due in April

B)

Id def be going for that if I had the money chris the quartz colour looks awesome with the red calipers and black wheels, that interior is stunning to makes to car near enough perfect apart from those wing mirrors lol

July delivery on the Quartz coloured ones though, cant beleive the first shipment of them is in black :bangin:

More pics

CIMG9799.jpg

CIMG9812.jpg

CIMG9814.jpg

CIMG9815.jpg

CIMG9816.jpg

CIMG9820.jpg

CIMG9826.jpg

CIMG9858.jpg

z342011.jpg

image001.png

That alcantara will wear so quickly i bet! - Nice looking car but I can't see why you would want this over a stock GT especially if you are going to modify it in the future? It doesn't have a better engine does it?

Just my 2p

Depends what you are after. After seeing the arse fall out of the value of my 350z by modding it, the 370z I get will be largely unmodded apart from a few performance (reversable) mods. For me a dark coloured 350z with red interior was exactly what I was after, so this is perfect for me as a new car. But I can see if you are going to mod it, just get a normal GT model, and if you dont care about SRM, just get a base and save the cash for modding.

Will the uk car have the 40th Anniv badge? Dont know why the dont call it the same instead of this black edition bollox. The GT4 was the 35th anniversary edition, should have done the same with that for the uk market. :shrug:

Will the uk car have the 40th Anniv badge? Dont know why the dont call it the same instead of this black edition bollox. The GT4 was the 35th anniversary edition, should have done the same with that for the uk market. :shrug:

Yeah it will have the badge on the boot lid. I dont get why they are calling it the Black Edition either, apparently it meant to tie it to the GTR :bangin:

Yeah it will have the badge on the boot lid. I dont get why they are calling it the Black Edition either, apparently it meant to tie it to the GTR :bangin:

So it will be called a Black edition, but won't actually say Black Edition anywhere?

It will say 40th Anniversary Edition in numerous places but won't be named a 40th Anniversary Edition?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

So it will be called a Black edition, but won't actually say Black Edition anywhere?

It will say 40th Anniversary Edition in numerous places but won't be named a 40th Anniversary Edition?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Spot on, thats Nissan for you, come on Liam, you know what they're like ;):lol::lol:

Who gives a crap what its called when it looks that good, thats like meeting a stunning bird down town who wants to sleep with you but you want a argument with her first coz her names sharon which you dont really like! No disrespect to sharon's lol

No, its like buying a Mondeo and Ford putting Focus all over it. Why bother calling it a black edition when it says 40 Anniversary all over it.

PS: I ask birds their name after I've slept with them, not before :lol:

Who gives a crap what its called when it looks that good, thats like meeting a stunning bird down town who wants to sleep with you but you want a argument with her first coz her names sharon which you dont really like! No disrespect to sharon's lol

No, its like buying a Mondeo and Ford putting Focus all over it. Why bother calling it a black edition when it says 40 Anniversary all over it.

PS: I ask birds their name after I've slept with them, not before :lol:

:lol:

I can see your point James, and its not as if its going to put me off buying one, but in terms of marketing the thing, it is very confusing! I mean you would be very confused if you didnt know any better, bought one, have it delivered and then start questioning why it says 40th anniversary all over it when you ordered a Black Edition :lol::bang: IMO it just shows why Nissan cant shift a lot of their top end cars very well, they just miss the finer points like that.

You're all probably sick of this now, but heres the official press release with a bit more blurb:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

4 February 2010

370Z: BACK TO BLACK

Just over 40 years ago a motoring icon was born. As the sixties moved into the 1970s, the Datsun 240Z was launched on the US market. American drivers instantly fell in love with the car and sales in that one market alone regularly topped 50,000 units annually. The Z legend had begun.

Now four decades, six generations and well over a million cars later, Nissan is introducing a special celebratory version of the newest two-seater to wear the famous Z badge - the 370Z.

The 370Z Black Edition marks the 40th anniversary in style. Available from April as a coupé only, and in a limited edition run of just 370 units in Europe, it comes in two distinctive metallic shades: black and quartz. Both paints use Nissan's pioneering Scratch Shield technology, 'healing' the finish in the case of stone chip damage.

Inside the 370Z Black edition there are:

* Unique red leather & suede appointed interior (seats & door trim) with embossed 40th Anniversary logo seats

* Smooth leather wrapped steering wheel with red stitching

* Red stitching on the centre cluster, centre console and knee pads

* Nissan's Connect Premium state-of-the-art combined touch-screen satellite navigation and audio system with USB connectivity

The exterior of the 370Z Black can be identified thanks to:

* Dark grey 19" aluminium forged RAYS wheels

* Eye-catching red brake callipers

* 40th Anniversary emblem on the back door

Standard specification means it already has a bespoke BOSE premium audio system, 19-inch forged alloy wheels, Stop/Start button with Nissan's Intelligent Key and a sporting six speed manual transmission with unique Synchro Rev Control technology. The electronically controlled rev matching system ensures perfect 'heel and toe' gear changes every time. A seven-speed automatic version with column-mounted paddle shifts is available as an option.

The Black Edition comes as standard with Nissan's next generation combined audio and navigation system, offering improved ease-of-operation, new and updated features.

At its heart is a high performance Hard Disk Drive (HDD) navigation system that offers customer audio storage capacity of 9.3GB.

Among the many benefits are vastly extended mapping which now includes Turkey, Eastern Europe and Russia, as well as a new easy to follow 3D navigation guidance with improved graphics and a more realistic depiction of the road and landmarks ahead for many of Europe's principle cities. The resolution of the new 7 inch screen is up to four times better than the previous generation system.

Real time traffic information is supplied via RDS-TMC, but quicker operation allows the system to offer re-routing in a fraction of the time.

The new generation system uses a touch-screen interface, maximising both ease of use and safety not only for the navigation, but also for other functions such as Bluetooth phone connectivity and entertainment. It is also possible to operate the system using voice recognition.

On-screen instructions can be displayed in eight different languages including English, French, German, Spanish and Italian - while voice recognition is supported in seven - English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Dutch.

The new generation navigation system also allows USB connectivity for portable audio devices. Furthermore, DVDs can be played on the centrally mounted navigation screen (when the car is stationary), while external audio and video devices can be connected via the VTR connections that are found in the central storage box.

In terms of its mechanical specification, the Black Edition matches the standard 370Z. That means a 3.7-litre 24-valve twin cam V6 developing 328PS and a limited top speed of 155mph and a 0-62 mph time of 5.3 seconds (5.6 seconds for the automatic version). The 2010 model year update means the 370Z is now fully compliant with forthcoming Euro 5 emission legislation.

Exemplary levels of handling and grip are assured by the focused rear-wheel drive chassis which features fully independent suspension, powerful upgraded brakes and precise speed sensitive power steering.

Since its launch in June 2009, more than 1,050 examples of the 370Z have been sold across Europe, an exceptional achievement for a niche product in extremely challenging market conditions. The car's largest market to date has been the UK, followed by France and Germany.

"The 'story of Z' is full of positives, with success not just in the sales charts all over the world but on racetracks and at award ceremonies, too. The 370Z Black Edition is a fitting tribute to a great car," said Vincent Wijnen, Nissan's European Vice President for Marketing.

Customers can order the 370Z Black Edition from all Nissan High Performance Centres and throughout the dealer network with deliveries starting in April.

Prices start from - £33,645 for the manual and £35,045 for the automatic transmission (prices include £750 showroom tax which comes into effect on 1 April 2010).

Test drives can be booked through www.nissan.co.uk.