How to Connect the ICT/InCarTec Bose Loom

Rob_Quads

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In the original post, I take it wire J is the separate blue wire in the ISO loom in picture 1? What is the purpose of this wire? I have a similar ISO loom for my JVC KW-AVX840 head unit but the separate wire from the head unit is labelled "steering wheel remote".

Wire G in the ICT loom is to be connected to "amp remote turn on"

So is this still correct to join these 2 wires, even though I already have connector F and a head unit specific adapter in plug I?

I've also noticed in my setup there's a wire from head unit to connector in my ISO loom for muting the telephone, but when plugged into my ICT loom the other side of that port is empty...

• 2 months later...
You need to find the ground wire on the ISO loom and splice a wire into it to the chassis of the car. The Bose loom as standard has no earth, and without this wire you'll get no power at all.

Just to throw a spanner into this , i connected my headunit up , have been having trouble with the sound so checking all connections , and noticed i dotn have an earth going to the loom , added one and it didnt resolve my sound issues so dont know how its even working with no ground :scare: double checked from reading this again and just the standard loom going to head units ground wire on its loom

• 1 month later...
This guide is based on you purchasing a BOSE Steering Wheel loom (29-674) and Head Unit Specific Adapter (29-001 for Alpine). Below is a picture of a typical loom you get with a head unit

29-674-Large-ISOConnect.JPG

Plug A connect to Head Unit

Plug B connect to Plug D on ICT loom

Plug C Is not used (this is the speaker level output from the stereo which is not required with using a BOSE Amp)

Wire J connect to Wire G on ICT loom

29-674-LargeConnect.JPG

Plug D connect to Plug C on ISO loom

Phono Plugs E connect to the Front and Rear Phono outptut on the head unit

Plugs F connect to the Nissan plugs behind the dash (Top one is for steering controls, bottoom two supply power and feed BOSE amp)

Wire G needs to be connected to the Wire J on ISO loom

Wire H need to be connected to ground (this is the amp ground)

Plug I connect the Head unit specific adapter i.e. 29-001

To connect the Steering Remote section connect the loose cables as follows. The colours 'sometimes' vary by if you follow the picture of the plug its always the cables marked A, B and C

ICT Unit white Cable -> Red/Green Cable

ICT Unit Grey Cable -> Orange/Silver Cable

ICT Unit Purple Cable -> Yellow/Green Cable

SteeringPlug.jpg

[attachment=0]SteeringConnections.jpg[/attachment]

There is also a final step which is required which is to connect up an extra ground lead. The standard BOSE unit is ground through the casing to the chassis. As a result the ISO loom does not have the normal ground. This must be added manually

There is no wire j labelled in this? Can anyone point out which one it is

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,guys

I am trying to fit steering control adapter 29-67 4

for Bose plug and play to my import z , my HU is a philips ced1800bt ,

plugged it all in used the white wire oe swc ad learn to the 29-67 4 adapter ,set HU to set controls nothing happens can someone help?

Plus I have only the front speakers working and can someone tell me where do the black and yellow RCA adapters go ? from the 29-674 adapter .

thank you Voltman

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm going to be doing a guide on busters louder volume fix for this lead. I will also try and show which cables go where, but does my current newly written guide not help at all?

It shows this exact loom with descriptions kinda on what connects to where, but TBH all the plugs are keyed, so you cant go wrong.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/106961-350z-headunit-replacement-guide-with-links-to-parts/

• Like 1

That's one hell of a guide cs2000 :)

I've only just started reading through it but the level of detail is fantastic. Things like exactly where you can connect the ground and voltage reasoning behind the BOSE lower volume issue (and exactly how to splice RCAs into a harness adaptor) make me a lot less scared of getting this job done!

Thanks a million!

Edited by celshady