How to Connect the ICT/InCarTec Bose Loom

Rob_Quads

This guide is based on you purchasing a BOSE Steering Wheel loom (29-674) and Head Unit Specific Adapter (29-001 for Alpine). Below is a picture of a typical loom you get with a head unit

29-674-Large-ISOConnect.JPG

Plug A connect to Head Unit

Plug B connect to Plug D on ICT loom

Plug C Is not used (this is the speaker level output from the stereo which is not required with using a BOSE Amp)

Wire J connect to Wire G on ICT loom

29-674-LargeConnect.JPG

Plug D connect to Plug C on ISO loom

Phono Plugs E connect to the Front and Rear Phono outptut on the head unit

Plugs F connect to the Nissan plugs behind the dash (Top one is for steering controls, bottoom two supply power and feed BOSE amp)

Wire G needs to be connected to the Wire J on ISO loom

Wire H need to be connected to ground (this is the amp ground)

Plug I connect the Head unit specific adapter i.e. 29-001

To connect the Steering Remote section connect the loose cables as follows. The colours 'sometimes' vary by if you follow the picture of the plug its always the cables marked A, B and C

ICT Unit white Cable -> Red/Green Cable

ICT Unit Grey Cable -> Orange/Silver Cable

ICT Unit Purple Cable -> Yellow/Green Cable

SteeringPlug.jpg

post-820-135011872525_thumb.jpg

There is also a final step which is required which is to connect up an extra ground lead. The standard BOSE unit is ground through the casing to the chassis. As a result the ISO loom does not have the normal ground. This must be added manually

You need to find the ground wire on the ISO loom and splice a wire into it to the chassis of the car. The Bose loom as standard has no earth, and without this wire you'll get no power at all.

How do I do that how do I splice?

and are these right?post-5596-135011870678_thumb.jpg

Find a nice metal bit of the car - there are a few points around behind the stereo. Generally most screws that go into the chassis will work. Take a wire from that and then cut into the black ground cable in the ISO loom and connect it up.

Have you tried putting in the aerial (this is only good for a check) - this should provide enough ground to get the unit on.

Those connections look about right

Find a nice metal bit of the car - there are a few points around behind the stereo. Generally most screws that go into the chassis will work. Take a wire from that and then cut into the black ground cable in the ISO loom and connect it up.

Have you tried putting in the aerial (this is only good for a check) - this should provide enough ground to get the unit on.

Will have a bash now thanks

Just before i fook it up which one is the ISO loom

What don't you understand? Find the earth and tap into it: How hard is that to do? You're basically just teeing into the wire and extending it so you have an earth going to the head unit. Without trying to completely patronise you, do you understand how the earth works and why it's needed?

• 5 months later...

just noticed direct from incartec.co.uk they are supplying the 29-674 adapter in 2 types, hard wired and plug and play that includes the plug F. Also noticed they have double din fascia that does not need to have the middle cut out. Will let you know when I get my car and get the JVC DD installed

just noticed direct from incartec.co.uk they are supplying the 29-674 adapter in 2 types, hard wired and plug and play that includes the plug F. Also noticed they have double din fascia that does not need to have the middle cut out. Will let you know when I get my car and get the JVC DD installed

Cheers for the info. I'm trying to get more from them so I can update my post/guides