sports cats as wanting to remap any advice ???

biggmacp

hi i have a 2005 Gt fitted 5/16 spacer and performance y pipe was wanting to know if would be worth getting sports cats before go to leeds to see the chaps at rs tuning ? what extra gains would it make ? and which ones to get and where from rough price ?

cheers greg

Decats ended up being fine on both torque and BHP

Uprev and with Kinetix hiflows and then with DC sports decats

Uprev-Catsvnocats.jpg

There are a couple of other mods in there to get it up to those numbers though!

Envy do do their own but speak to Gaz or Chilli Red (Sarah) about flowrates and see what they have in stock, they do Kinetix and Berks too

Nah that should be fine.

The map above has a typhoon / pop charger, uprated exhaust headers, amuse exhaust and 5zigen y-pipe.

There is some maps in abbeys (who I would recommend, but maybe a bit far to travel!) traders thread that has more info about cars that have mods like yours...

You will find the joys of the uprev come in the 100% throttle open as well as the additional power delivery! ;)

Whats with the torque calibration in that graph?

Mark did tell me, but I wasnt really listning... I was itching to get out in the car and test it out. Got the numbers on another sheet at home will post up later unless Mark posts first and lets you know!

Thanks for the advice spike to rs tuning and they said the sports cats will make a difference but not in the peak more the midrange so thinking if any 1 has some for sale let me know as not fancying paying the £450 ish price with forking out money for map to lol :-) , also does the Revup map remove speed limit to ?

also any recomendations on the pannel filter

Cheers and thanks Greg

Thanks for the advice spike to rs tuning and they said the sports cats will make a difference but not in the peak more the midrange so thinking if any 1 has some for sale let me know as not fancying paying the £450 ish price with forking out money for map to lol :-) , also does the Revup map remove speed limit to ?

also any recomendations on the pannel filter

Cheers and thanks Greg

Yep it can remove it with UPREV! (and they do make some topend depending on how they are mapped ;) )

Panels, HKS do a good one I think but never tried it... If you want to stay with the panel one, find an 06 air box from someone that has a pop charger fitted.. they perform better than the 04 ones ;)

Whats with the torque calibration in that graph?

Works out to be 251.2

Yep there is a difference, as its due to the thickness of the walls esp straight off the manifolds, reason whey there is a difference in price.

I think Ian has japspeed decats on his so he can let you know from his experience.

No rasp on my decats (posted a vid somewhere on here)... thought I did but the flexis had gone in my y-pipe... there are also some heat sheilds above the stock cats that can be removed if you run decats that have been known to cause a raspy noise.. Remove or a little seem weld can sort things out..