• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

Yeap thirteen inch not 18

Sarnie,

Some would say not really a kit car, but a classic designed by Colin Chapman 30+ years ago. But I not to fussy and so a kit car it is.

13 inch? You mean 18?

Do you actually drive it or is it remote controlled? :)

I would say an Andy Walsh day is ideal.

You can get you and 3 mates and he will teach you quite a lot about the car and how to take it to the limit.

Going on track at airfield may be crowded and have risks. andy will set up a couple of courses when you go on your own, he has high speed corner designed to ensure you take it just beyond the limit of the car and the driver. Has massive ruin off and is designed to teach you where the limit is.

I would be willng to take one of the 4 places if you want, also think I will see him Friday/Sat so can ask if him.

See his site:

http://www.carlimits.com/

I'd definately be up for this. Need just this sort of thing to learn about the car. So difficult to find a deserted road now adays! Car finished it's 1200 mile run in today so I'm starting to push it a little more now. Only problem was that it rained today! Now that wasn't fun at all. :scare: Going to be using the car everyday and in all weather and I'm now s***ting myself that winter is coming quickly and I need to know how the car handles and reacts or else I'm going to look really silly travelling at 25mph in 5th everywhere inc. motorways! Please let me know when you're doing it and I'll be there!

Just decide to go ahead and book a day. I'm going this Monday coming. Hopefully it'll be fun. Will report back and let you all know what they're like. I'll also talk to them about organising a group day for 350z-uk for those that are interested and will see if they'd be interested in doing group or even forum discounts.

Just decide to go ahead and book a day. I'm going this Monday coming. Hopefully it'll be fun. Will report back and let you all know what they're like. I'll also talk to them about organising a group day for 350z-uk for those that are interested and will see if they'd be interested in doing group or even forum discounts.

Nice one :thumbs:

I would say an Andy Walsh day is ideal.

You can get you and 3 mates and he will teach you quite a lot about the car and how to take it to the limit.

Going on track at airfield may be crowded and have risks. andy will set up a couple of courses when you go on your own, he has high speed corner designed to ensure you take it just beyond the limit of the car and the driver. Has massive ruin off and is designed to teach you where the limit is.

I would be willng to take one of the 4 places if you want, also think I will see him Friday/Sat so can ask if him.

See his site:

http://www.carlimits.com/

Exactly the sort of thing I was looking for! :thumbs: Cheers steve_b

From reading the thread the following are interested: -

Steve_b

Blacky

Beggers

H5

Hanel (already booked - can you let us know about any discount or similar you hear of? That'd be great)

Anyone else?

I've got a couple of mates who have recently bought TVR T350C and Celica GT4 so maybe we can get a reduction through numbers.

After using the last of the tread on my 18's then there's no excuse for not getting those shiny new 19's is there.......?! ;):D

Gents,

I also do a day with Andy that is just for the LoT boys.

We have about 20 of us and it cost approx £25 which is subsidised by the club.

(one thing, some of the club act as marshal’s to save on money, so slightly less driving time for them but not a problem as an all dayer has plenty of time.)

Is anyone interested. Even if we only get 10 of us, would be like £70. (please note that’s during the week, weekend are more expensive to hire the place)

Let me know and I will ask him at the weekend.

George,

Let Andy take your car around and show you what it can do, if you want him to drift it let him know.

My time for mini circuit was more than 10sec slower than him, think he did it in 51 with the quicker car, 53 with mine.) If you are into old aircraft take a camera for lunch as there is lots of odd ball stuff.

Steve

Gents,

(one thing, some of the club act as marshal’s to save on money, so slightly less driving time for them but not a problem as an all dayer has plenty of time.)

Is anyone interested. Even if we only get 10 of us, would be like £70. (please note that’s during the week, weekend are more expensive to hire the place)

George,

Let Andy take your car around and show you what it can do, if you want him to drift it let him know.

My time for mini circuit was more than 10sec slower than him, think he did it in 51 with the quicker car, 53 with mine.) If you are into old aircraft take a camera for lunch as there is lots of odd ball stuff.

Steve

LoT? And where is this one, what sort of thing is it etc? Anything where there's nothing hard to hit and I can get used to the thing on the limit really!

Hopefully Hanel can update on the chances of any discount and a mini review of the day and then I can look into it on behalf of those listed above? :thumbs:

It seems Carlimits is only in Essex. Could possibly try and do it for a Monday and drive down and get a travel tavern of some sort for a few quid?

Just think of the drive back practising all you've learnt!! :D

Yeah I'd be interested as well, but again its a bit far......

But as you say, there is always the option of staying over. Just that I'm short of days hols at work etc.... running out fast.

Let me know when it is etc......

Could always see if they can do it on a weekend day to reduce the need for holiday time, plus finishing at 4 you can get a good start before most of the traffic. I'll give them a call later and let you know what they come back with......

From reading the thread the following are interested: -

Steve_b

Blacky

Beggers

H5

Hanel (already booked - can you let us know about any discount or similar you hear of? That'd be great)

mugwump

Jacko (possibly)

Val (possibly)

Anyone else?

Gents,

George,

Steve

Looking forward to going :thumbs: . Will need to remember to take a pen and paper to make notes on what he says.... so many questions and options to ask about. Will let you all know how I get on and I'm see what my time is and might post it if it's any good in comparison to yours.

All,

Just back from France (Croix and Abbeville) and had a word with Andy.

An "activity day" can be arranged, it cost £900 to hire one part of circuit, £1000 for 2 parts.

Typically they have 30 cars, which is about £35 each. You will not get a cheaper way to safely test your car. Also first who beats my time for the mini circuit will get his place paid for by me. (I will be using the 7)

With 30 people you will not get one-2-one training but a very safe place to have fun. 1-2-1 can be done on the Carl limits site. Andy will give you advice.

You do not need helmets for this, so no extra hire costs. No cost for passenger rides either.

For local hotels: not bad at £51 a night fort up to 3 adults. (it is less than 10 mins from North Weald)

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hote ... NorthWeald

Just be careful not to let your wife/partner run riot in Bluewater with credit card in hand.

If people are serious about it, I will do in-car video 15 Sept if you want to wait..

George, you will have fun and you are with very nice chap in a black 111s S2 Elise, enjoy it.

Just be careful not to let your wife/partner run riot in Bluewater with credit card in hand.

If people are serious about it, I will do in-car video 15 Sept if you want to wait..

George, you will have fun and you are with very nice chap in a black 111s S2 Elise, enjoy it.

Yeh tell me about it, when I told my girlfriend how much I'd spent on the day she took me for a ride too! £220 on a pair of Chanel sunglasses! :angry: And that was just the start......

Anyway better go and get some sleep or else I'll fall asleep on the track tomorrow. :thumbs:

If its single seater and open wheels it will not count for free place, but I think Andy will still allow it if you ask nicely.

Better put the McLaren away then..... :drive1

Would have to do two events as I really want to play in the Zed first.

Bring both.... there would not be a limit on the number of cars...you would only pay once.

does not mean a mate can drive one and you the other and only one pay, but there would not be a problem with you having 2 cars.

I always do as I tow the 7.

steve

Bring both.... there would not be a limit on the number of cars...you would only pay once.

does not mean a mate can drive one and you the other and only one pay, but there would not be a problem with you having 2 cars.

I always do as I tow the 7.

steve

Cheers Steve, will seriously think about it.

As for a mate driving one, do you really have any you could trust?! :scare: