Big open space anywhere?

H5

Gents,

George,

Let Andy take your car around and show you what it can do, if you want him to drift it let him know.

My time for mini circuit was more than 10sec slower than him, think he did it in 51 with the quicker car, 53 with mine.) If you are into old aircraft take a camera for lunch as there is lots of odd ball stuff.

Steve

Driving day was fantastic :thumbs::yahoo: . It rained in the morning which was great fun ;) but stopped raining around lunchtime and dried out in the afternoon.

Day started with Andy assesing my ability and confidence in the car. Then moved on to the high speed corner. Due to the rain we were doing the corner at about 55-70 mph increasing the speed and using different techniques for getting around the corner before hitting the imagenary wall. This was extremely fun and never fails to catch you out and end up going very quickly backwards. All good fun but really gives you an idea of how the car handles and how you need to feel what the tyres and steering is doing and how to react to keep the car in control and most importantly miss the wall.

Next we did the same with breaking from high speed, eventually managing to break in the wet without the ABS kicking in and therefore breaking quicker than relying on the ABS. ABS added about 4 car lenghts to the breaking distance from 70mph in the wet.

Andy is a fantastic tutor. He is able to tell you exactly what you have done wrong or what you could do to improve without even being in the car. Various other technique were covered during the morning and all explained why and what they do to heel and toe and slip angles to mention a few.

Lunch and then on to the circuit :thumbs:

Had stop raining by this time and was drying out slowly. Andy took my car around first to explain the track and then a couple of high speed laps. Best time for Andy was 56 secs (with quite a few puddles on the course). My first time around was 1.13 ish. Managed to get this down to a consistent 1min 01sec. and on the last couple of laps got it down to 59.9 which I was really impressed with (track had dried out and I reckon Andy could have done it in under 53sec easy). The other guy, PJ, who was on the day with me in a Black Lotus 111s S2 Elise (really nice guy :thumbs: and a lovely car too) managed to get rounding 56 secs.

Thank you to Andy for a fantastic day and teaching me so much about my car and how to drive it safely, how to get out of trouble and most importantly how not to get into trouble in the first place.

I would recommend this day to everyone if you have done one of these days or not. If you haven't then I would definately suggest spending the money on the day and learning more about how to drive your car. You will be surprised firstly how good the car is when driven properly and how much you can improve your own driving. I challenge anyone to go on one of these day and not have any fun and also not learn anything.

I also see that Steve has already managed to start organising a group day at the track. If you would like a taster or just a fantastic day out then I would recommend that you make the time to come along. For the same money you will not have a better day out!

If anyone would like more information then please feel free to PM for anymore details.

George

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really glad you enjoyed it.

I think Andy is great instructor and if you let him chuck the car around it is amazing what it can do.

Did you believe you can brake in the middle of a corner and actually control how much it turns in just with the brakes and nothing to do with the steering wheel.

For the activity day, you would do the High speed corner, the circuit George is talking about, another timed circuit and lastly a weaving coned area.

Come on get your name down.

Steve