HID replacements

Number86

Hey chaps.

Firstly, does anyone know what's up with the search function. It never seems to be that useful, or intelligent? :(

I've got a 06 facelift, and was wondering if there's a way to upgrade the HID system in there. Possibly for brighter lights, higher output bulbs?

Can't seem to find much info on the forum. I few topics on lights, but search only seems to throw up chat on conversions and pre 06 cars.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me. Indeed, if I was to at least need replacement bulbs what should I look for on autobulbs direct or similar?

Thanks!

Go to advanced search so it sorts py topics (instead of posts) and use the word AND in between your search terms. Lastly, i dont think it will let you search for words shorter than 3 letters.

Search 'Headlight AND brighter' for example.

Anyway as an upgrade, maybe change the colour intensity to a whiter colour, or your other option is to manually adjust the light pattern of the headlight i.e. raise them up a bit - but not too much else you'll fail your MOT.

The 'upgrade' xenon lights emit a whiter light, but not a brighter light; you actually see less with them.

As has been mentioned, you can change the aim a bit.

You could upgrade to MY07 Bi-Xenon lamps, but this is very expensive (hundreds).

You could upgrade the halogen main beam to a brighter bulb (eg by Osram/Phillips).