Nissan Race Academy Invite

introspect

Yesterday I received an invite to Silverstone for a drive in a 370z :) . Phoned up and booked myself a 2.30 slot on Friday 30th. I was told it was a 20 min drive on track and then a drive on roads around Silverstone. I was just wondering if anyone else had done one of these and is it worth it? I live in Manchester so it's a bit of a long way for 20 min of track time :wacko: . Just thought I'd see what others think. I've never been to Silverstone before so I guess it might be worth it just to have a nose around.

I've got 1 of these invites. Came yesterday

Bought mine new in feb 2009. It's got sales pitch written allover it. Its a long way to drive from Yorkshire to Silverstone for a test drive. Althoough the track time would be fun. :teeth:

I'll wait till they ring me and offer me 1 for a weekend again. (Full of fuel too when I collected it). :lol:

I'd rather use their petrol than mine. :lol:

I've got 1 of these invites. Came yesterday

Bought mine new in feb 2009. It's got sales pitch written allover it. Its a long way to drive from Yorkshire to Silverstone for a test drive. Althoough the track time would be fun. :teeth:

I'll wait till they ring me and offer me 1 for a weekend again. (Full of fuel too when I collected it). :lol:

I'd rather use their petrol than mine. :lol:

Damn, I want one for a weekend too! That's really good, how did you manage to wangle that?

Yeah I think it'll probably be a bit of a soft sell scenario but I think it's a good excuse for an afternoon out. Pity there's no GT-R there, I'd DEFINITELY be up for a drive in that :teeth:

The race academy is not a sales pitch, apart from a couple of lucky people who win the day out by taking a test drive, it is only people who buy the car that get an invite. The GTR is there 2, you get two stints in each car and the overall best driver from the academy goes on to race for a season in some world championship for Nissan. Its a great day, I travelled from Scotland and wouldnt hesitate to do it again.

2 different setups for the Race Academy... 1st one was that if your on the nissan list as a 350z owner then you will have got an invite. As a 350z owner you can try and get on a space on the 29th and 30th of Oct. I understand you just get to drive the 370z, but what a way to have a test drive!! Over 23's only ;)

Then if your not already owner there is a change to win a session at the nissan academy by taking a testdrive at a nissan garage, or you could have won a recent competition!.. Those that buy the 370z also get an instant invite to the race academy! There is then a timed lap and the best 3 (IIRC) get put forward to another day then all those people race and get the chance to win a year competing in a race championship with Nissan!

Alltogether a great little setup by nissan :thumbs:

What a top day and really well organised by Nissan... couple of other fellow 350z owners (one who has already bought a 370z) were there too, mrlizard got lucky and won a spot and then drove well to get himself a place in the knockout round to win a place in the nissan team next year..

370z was great on the track (loved the auto box), gt-r was just amazing! drifting and donuts wernt so much fun but was good to smoke the tyres! Had a hotlap with Lucus and he was really showboating in the 350z and being driven around with one of the "real" drivers in the gt-r in a little race was eye opening (felt just like being in a touring car race... mirror to mirror, bumper to bumper, rubber and stones flicking at the windscreen...)

Hope those that have booked up on the 29th and 30th have a good time in the 370z's... great track cars and for those that have driven on track with the traction on, traction in the 370z is far less intrusive... its on but it does the job right when its needed...

Anyway, a few pics....

The Academy

DSC05084.jpg

The barby (best use for a porsche!)

DSC05099.jpg

Love the slogans!

DSC05100.jpg

The 'stone taxi driven today by Lucas!

DSC05121.jpg

DSC05122.jpg

Another happy customer!

DSC05125.jpg

A few of the £1,000,000's worth of cars available...

DSC05120.jpg

DSC05100.jpg

DSC05090.jpg

The real drivers on a fast lap (That and the trip with Lucus were the best bits for me!! Guess I was born to be chaufered!)

DSC05114.jpg

Still think this is a great little motor! vq35 in the boot...

DSC05102.jpg

DSC05103.jpg

Am very tempted! but also on the GT-R... cash dosnt really stack up on one and does on the other... few cars available at the moment for delivery straight away, and will beat the price increase but no white or red till feb.... But I know i will have one at some point... auto box is instant, interior is just great... think I have 2 courses of action at the moment 1 is to FI mine the other is to go 370z, and both would end up costing roughly the same! just need to see what i would get for mine as is and parted out!! Total improvement on the 350z in the right direction...

Would have liked to try the manual on the track rather than just doing donuts for a comparison!

Just to clarify, you have to buy or test drive a 370z to get on this day or can you actually just get your name down?

buy a 370z or GT-R to get this day, book a test drive and enter to get drawn, or there were a few places available as prizes.

So did you win it then?

The only folk I know that have done it had ordered a GTR or 370Z. And of course MrLizard who won his slot in a comp.