370Z GT Yellow

paul84

The fuel filler cap was a problem on 350z's from day one but was worse on some colours such as GM and Azure............Idon't remember my UY bumper being different although that was a Nismo bumper so not sure if it was the same material as the standard bumper.......

I went to the dealer on Friday and they confessed that the factory in Japan forgot to put the graphics on so I actually seen the car without them and had the option but eventually decided to stick with them. Glad I did now, im like a wee kid with my 1st new bike! :teeth:

• 4 weeks later...
They definitely do grow on people, I know alot of people who have said they were not so sure about the graphics to start with but they are growing on people!

Real Marmite thing the graphics - I'd leave them off. I had a TO 350 for two years and spent half the time loving (when it was clean) and half the time hating (when I had to leave it in a car park) the colour.

Hang on, isn't the lid of Marmite yel.... :D

Lookss like a lovely car, very jealous! i'd have gone for the graphics too :teeth:

One question though, I thought the self healing paint was only on the metallic ?

:blush:

It stays active for about 4 years and will self heal for small nicks and scratches as the paint doesnt fully go hard untill that time (i'd imagine environment, care and conditions will effect this though)

It does work but its not magic so dont expect mirracles

If its the same as Infiniti, the salesman I spoke to said for it to "heal", it was only on scratches (paint chips can be too deep) and they have to heat up the paint to heal it apparently. He wouldnt say how they actually do it though.

If its the same as Infiniti, the salesman I spoke to said for it to "heal", it was only on scratches (paint chips can be too deep) and they have to heat up the paint to heal it apparently. He wouldnt say how they actually do it though.

He probably didnt know :lol:

I am ony commenting from memory as it was 3-4 years ago when they were developing the paint when i was working there. Pretty sure it wa only scratches, it was something to do with the mollecular structure of the paint but not sure of the exact details as i wasnt involved

Finally arrived....really loving it lots untill.........parked up at work under a street light and plastic parts (a pillar wing mirrors and filler cap) look darker and more of a mustard colour...bit disapointed for 30k.. anyone else notice this ???

[attachment=0]car.JPG[/attachment]

Yes on my 350Z in Grey. Exactly the same.