Brand New Boxed 18" Grid Drift Wheels

St3v50z

Hi guys. I am potentially selling my brand new freshly imported set of Rota Grid Drift rims in Hyper Black. It took me 5 weeks to get these in from the states and cost me a shade over £1000. Rare Rims UK do not stock these and would not import them either, as it is not in their colour range, so i took the liberty myself through http://www.wheeldude.com. The closest Rare Rims could do is Titanium Chrome, which just wasnt the finish i was looking for, and they still wanted around £1000 for a set (no tyres of course). So these are a unique finish in the UK, and look amazing on a Gun Metal 350z, or any Z for that matter!

http://www.wheeldude.com/gallery2/v/new ... owId=80928

This is what they look like on a black Z...but there is alot more photos of them on different colour ones on the wheeldude website.

IMG_7473.jpg

IMG_7479.jpg

IMG_7491.jpg

They come with everything required to fit them on a 350z, with 20ET offset. Plus i ordered some highly recommended black McGard lug nuts which i will throw in for the total price. I am asking £900, and i am fixed on the price, as they are brand new, still wrapped up in the boxes, and are a unique colour in this country.

Spec of the wheel:

18"

5x114.3

20ET

9.5J all round

Cheers.

And incase anyone is wondering, my only reason for sale is because due a to a cruel twist in my circumstances i am having to sell the 350z. So i didnt even get to see my new wheels on the car :(

Thats horrible news sorry to hear that mate

And incase anyone is wondering, my only reason for sale is because due a to a cruel twist in my circumstances i am having to sell the 350z. So i didnt even get to see my new wheels on the car :(

Thats horrible news sorry to hear that mate

+1 :(

Well after only two days on sale, the 350z is gone already! First viewer took her away on the spot. So i've taken some photos of the actual rims today. There's not much else to say, as i think the pictures do the talking. The concave on them is awesome! They look sick! :thumbs:

100_0176.jpg

100_0177.jpg

100_0178.jpg

100_0179.jpg

100_0181.jpg

100_0182.jpg

PS: These are now advertised elsewhere

Hmmm, thinking about these... Few questions though for people in the know:

1) What sort of difference will these wheels make to the handling of a standard Zed, if any? Its the change on offset, and non-staggered arrangement I'm thinking about...

2)Tyres - I think for these wheels I'd want to put some 275's on the rear, and my current 245/45/18 tyres on the front.. Do'able? Whats profile - 275/40/18..?

3)Weight - Any ideas on the weight of these compared to the standard Rays?

4)I'm guessing the car shown there is lowered..?

Thanks!!

Ross

Well when i ordered them, i spoke to the Nissan tuner guy, and he said that these particular offset and width are by far the most popular fitment for the 350z. It's the number one choice amongst the US community. As for tyre sizes, for daily driving he recommended 245/40 on the front and 275/40 on the back, that will result in almost stock drivability. Thats what it pictured on the black Z above.

Hmmm, thinking about these... Few questions though for people in the know:

1) What sort of difference will these wheels make to the handling of a standard Zed, if any? Its the change on offset, and non-staggered arrangement I'm thinking about...

2)Tyres - I think for these wheels I'd want to put some 275's on the rear, and my current 245/45/18 tyres on the front.. Do'able? Whats profile - 275/40/18..?

4)I'm guessing the car shown there is lowered..?

Thanks!!

Ross

Im running same size GTR's but with ET22 and it handles very well (on R888's though!)

At the moment im using 265/35/18 all round which looks/fits fine

I dont know about the rays but the stock 18in wheels were a fair bit heavier that the GTR's

My car needs dropping a little, the back sits higher than id like

I dont know about the rays but the stock 18in wheels were a fair bit heavier that the GTR's

They will weigh more then the Rays. My GTRs are 8.5"F and 9"R and they weigh more than the Rays. Not a huge amount in it, but they do weigh more. Remember Rays are proper lightweight forged wheels :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...