Coilovers, which ones?

Adriank

BCs! They've been getting a lot of coverage recently and for good reason. A friend's got a set for his Scooby and hes still raving about it. They are UK based so give them a go!

He did :lol:

Looking forward to the review Adrian :thumbs:

If he doesnt mame himself fitting them :blackeye::lol:

I'm informed you dont need clamps...

As can remove the OE suspension in one unit and the coilies springs are so short shouldnt be required?

I don't have springclamps btw. :surrender:

Yeah will need setting up, thats one reason i want them on before ideally, so i can get the ride height sorted before i have the geometry done.

• 3 weeks later...
Looking forward to some pics and reviews of these...

BTW what were the standard spring rates and the HKS ones you went for in the end?

Me too, 350z specific reviews seem thin on the ground at the moment, even in the US. Also there does seem to be the odd comment about them being "bouncy" on bad roads, and a few people have said they've had a noisy set so it would be good to get feedback on that.

As far as spring rates go the standard rates are listed on page 1 of this thread. I think Adriank has gone for 12F/12R.

Looking forward to some pics and reviews of these...

BTW what were the standard spring rates and the HKS ones you went for in the end?

Standard for the BC's is : 10Kg/mm Front 8Kg/mm Rear

Mine are : 12 KG/mm Front 12Kg/mm Rear as par HKS track coils.

I have stiffened the rear comparatively to the front on purpose, am hoping it will make the rear end break away more controllable, it should slip a bit easier.

'Bouncy' is what happens when people set the damping too soft... Even with the dampers being adjustible, there is a certain rate of damping that matchs the springs, if you mess with it and go full soft, you will get the boucy effect. I will be testing mine on the middle setting.

Ive got a set of clamps you can borrow Adi if you want mate.... failing that they are only about 20 quid from halfords.

I dont think your'll need them though as you're not removing the top mounts, Im sure the BC's have top mounts built in. Best thing I hired to do the job was an impact wrench. Bolts came off in seconds and saved me about 3 hrs of faffing about Im sure.

its a fairly simple job to do. Rears are worryingly easy!

Drop us a message on msn if you want advice?

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi, I'm new to this forum, having read this thread on coilovers I noticed no body uses the NISMO S-tune package? why is this? :shrug:

Cos they are expensive and there are better suspension setups for more competitive prices out there

Nail. Head.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a set of BC racing coilovers fitted by Abbey

Drove home with them set at about 5 or 6, so about 1/3rd up from soft, Mark said this was about normal for road use, then on Wednesday drove about 80 miles on them wound up about 4 clicks so just over half hard.

They're great at this for some reasonably entertaining road driving, flat round the roundabouts and feels great, but not jawbreaking in the 'waste pit dirtracks' they loosely call roads around Manchester

Competitively priced and getting good reviews all over - I'd recommend them! :thumbs: