Car tax bracket differences

nikbiomed

Hi

Can anyone shed any light on the tax brackets of the 350z. I have seen some people advertise their cars with a annual tax substatially less than mine. Mine is the Full £400plus notes a year but saw someone selling a car who states his was older and therefore less, I think around the £200 mark. Mine is a Jspec 2003/2004 circa % 53plate. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanx guys, seen a thread on the general board too and yep it seems that my car has missed it by about 6mths as it was Imported around Sept 06, bummer. Do you think their will be another change in the not so distant future???

proably but not for the better. all they will do is just include all the cars that got missed out from the original 2001 date.

scrap road tax and just put tolls on the motor ways like they do in france. shouldn't need fuel tax as well but i could cope if it was there.

i think in france it worked out to 10 cents a mile travelled or make it 10p i can;t remember which way i worked it. we covered 700 miles and payed about £70 in toll charges. i don't think its that bad.

Do the JDM's pay more because they were imported after April 2006 ?

All imports brought in to this country and registered after 1st april 2006 will pay the higher rate of tax, regardless of the age of the car, even if its a '52' plate :thumbdown:

Not quite right - mine is also registered PLG and so doesn't go on emmissions even though it was imported in 2007.......... mines about £205 a year. There's a few imports on here with cheap tax.

Do the JDM's pay more because they were imported after April 2006 ?

All imports brought in to this country and registered after 1st april 2006 will pay the higher rate of tax, regardless of the age of the car, even if its a '52' plate :thumbdown:

Not quite right - mine is also registered PLG and so doesn't go on emmissions even though it was imported in 2007.......... mines about £205 a year. There's a few imports on here with cheap tax.

This seems so unfair. You would think their was just cause to complain and get all JDM cars that are infact older than the cut off in 2006 on the lower tax bracket.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Having tax based on the engine size is ridiculous, you're already taxed for being on the roads and you're taxed on petrol usage which is based on engine size and mileage done. Greedy sods...

Dont forget you also pay insurance tax and tax on the mot, as well as tax on the petrol and road tax - just for driving your car on the roads!

Outside of roads, you are also taxed on your wages and on your savings before you even start to pay for a car & using it!