The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

I love Collies, never had any behavioural issues with ours (I give credit to my good training :lol: ) Only major health scare between the 3 was the eldest got bitten by an Adder!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Little update, snake and skink happily together, plus tidied up slightly!

White stickers are temporary, so people can check temperatures etc while I'm out... and know what to set them to should I be home late

20170619_193319_zpscvfnxuwq.jpg

• Like 1

Nice nail varnish Mike :lol:

Not my cup of tea for pet but can appreciate the setup. :thumbs:

I'd love a blue staffie, or a Meatball from earlier in the thread... but I don't have time to fully love a dog and walk it etc, so a scaly dog will do, and a legless scaly dog ;)

• Like 1

I'd love a blue staffie, or a Meatball from earlier in the thread... but I don't have time to fully love a dog and walk it etc, so a scaly dog will do, and a legless scaly dog ;)

Can totally understand and sorry if it came across in a negative way, that's not what I meant.

Love the vast array of pets this thread has thrown up :thumbs:

Can totally understand and sorry if it came across in a negative way, that's not what I meant.

Love the vast array of pets this thread has thrown up :thumbs:

Oh god no its fine mate, no offence taken :) They aren't for everyone, and truth be told I was a bit nervous handling the snake at first and feeding her, but she's so dumb its hard to be scared of something that charges full speed ahead at the wall instead of its food... had her 4 months and not been bitten or even hissed at once so far.

Cats aren't for me, but can appreciate they are nice to some. Like if someone has a cat I'll entertain it, and maybe hold it, but don't want my own..... Dogs however... turn your back on me and I'll have him/her wrapped up in my arms and running down the road ;) My other half has a choc lab thats almost a year old now and weights 27kgs... I scoop her up and carry her... she then wriggled like a fish and I have to put her down again hahaha. My sister carries her staffy of a similar weight around like a baby...

received_10209943405083870_zpsxqbtrwie.jpeg

FB_IMG_1492895252156_zpse5e8gygg.jpg

20161106_155820_zpsvchngvxj.jpg

20161106_171959_zpsribfqkvr.jpg

EDITED TO ADD PICS :D

Edited by Mikevv
  • Like 1

Yeah I think it's probably as I've never handled any, I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to that sort of thing.... don't get me on spiders but I do appreciate other people enjoy having them.

We have a 33kg choc lab which would love me to carry her around everywhere but not a chance :lol:

Couple of recent shots of her in the garden.... was difficult getting a shot of her as she doesn't like to keep still and I was playing with a new lens

1674D104-0B41-460A-B826-351BFFB5C4C8_zpstkds1srh.jpg

FED7216C-A889-46C8-B39B-3F032A8740DB_zps3evhbra9.jpg

Edited by Fodder
  • Like 1

Yeah I think it's probably as I've never handled any, I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to that sort of thing.... don't get me on spiders but I do appreciate other people enjoy having them.

We have a 33kg choc lab which would love me to carry her around everywhere but not a chance :lol:

Couple of recent shots of her in the garden.... was difficult getting a shot of her as she doesn't like to keep still and I was playing with a new lens

Shes a big girl, lovely though!! Something about Labby ears I can't get enough of! So soft and floppy hahaha

White stickers are temporary, so people can check temperatures etc while I'm out... and know what to set them to should I be home late

I think I may copy your idea with the info labels. Currently have just 1 Royal Python but fingers crossed I will be getting a Brazilian Rainbow Boa on Saturday! Been wanting one since handling a 6ft'er ages ago/countless google images and after handling a juvenile last week I am sold :D

Whilst the Royal is easy as pie to take care of, a label would help my housemates remember the correct temp and very importantly humidity for the BRB.

I like BRB's, colours are amazing, but unfortunately just a bit too big for me at the moment. I'd love a retic :D

I feel like even a big, once fully grown, BRB wont be a handful for me once he/she is 'tamed' as they're pretty thin for a boa.

Retics would be way beyond me! Dont think I would even get a Dwarf Retic actually

19396899_10155226722076047_2855196266375049042_n.jpg?oh=12b4b6a71dbbdd04079aec0946a03fa4&oe=59D46098

No idea if that pic works, hosted on FB, apologies if not. It's a very hot little Shatten (used to be a Kitten, then she became a little sh*t so became the Shitten, now she's not a fully grown cat so she's a Catten, but she's still a sh*t so is the Shatten now :D ). Or Lexi as her given name.

• Like 3

Sadly, one of our 13 year old cats passed away a few weeks ago. She was fine one day, off her food the next day and the day after that had to be put to sleep. The vet suspected kidney failure and said that at her age there was little that could be done. Also, the feral cat that had been living in our garden for several months was hit by a vehicle on one of the lanes around here at at around the same time. I found him lying in the road with serious injuries and he died a few minutes later. Really upset me that the first time I ever touched him was to pick him up off the road and bury him.

On the bright side, we have a couple of new kittens, "Biggles" and "Sophie". We also have a stunning kitten that someone put a deposit down on but never came to pick up....looks like he may be staying now. Photos soon.

Pete

Reptiles are fine dude, the thread has been cleaned up.

Are you ever tempted by spiders?

Oh cool thanks :)

I've never even looked into owning spiders actually. Some do look amazing.

Do you have much experience of spiders? A bit different, but many years ago I had stick insects and a mantis.

I did buy the BRB last Saturday, she is gorgeous. Only snapped at me (and sucessfully got me) once! She already seems calmer since Saturday though :)58e58992f812947979113dc66880bf4d.jpgb5d8276aa295bbfc805b6ee9feca6506.jpg

Only to control the moths in the house :lol: . Nah i've got a dog, but had a couple of cats. I keep trying to convince the SO to let me have tropical fish but its not going well.

The snake is cool though.

• Like 1

Reptiles are fine dude, the thread has been cleaned up.

Are you ever tempted by spiders?

Oh cool thanks :)

I've never even looked into owning spiders actually. Some do look amazing.

Do you have much experience of spiders? A bit different, but many years ago I had stick insects and a mantis.

I did buy the BRB last Saturday, she is gorgeous. Only snapped at me (and sucessfully got me) once! She already seems calmer since Saturday though :)58e58992f812947979113dc66880bf4d.jpgb5d8276aa295bbfc805b6ee9feca6506.jpg

Nice BRB! I want a "big" snake next, but this might change once mine gets to her full size of 4 foot...

My SO is trying to convince me that a chameleon is a good idea, and while cute, they don't have the same "coolness" as a 4 foot + snake ;)

• Like 1