The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Cheers guys, thanks for all the messages.

It's heartbreaking when it happens, I keep having moments when I think of him and I start welling up, like now, can't bloody see to type.

He was a big part of the family and will be sorely missed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well today the family grew by one more member "Sky" a 4 month old chocolate coloured Lab. Really good natured and very well behaved for a pup.

We lost our Laddie (Border collie) about 10yrs ago, he had been with us 11yrs+, and it was so much trauma to us when we lost him, that we decided we would wait before getting another friend.

Time has been a great healer, but we both missed having someone around who is always eager to please, and continually brings a smile to our faces, so we took the plunge...... Only been in the house an hour, and now she's tired herself out having had a good exploration of the new home, and of course introduced to "Sooty" our 11yr old cat. I am sure she is going to give us many years of joy and fun.

Skye.jpg

• Like 8

Be ready for a bonkers ride. Our choc lab Hetti is nearly 4 but still acts as a puppy.

I would recommend obedience classes as soon as possible, they thrive on repetition so make sure the household are consistent with commands and signals.... they quickly work out how to train you :lol:

Cheers Guys, Only myself and wife at home so there will be no misleading information from "Wild kids" or the like. Yes looking at classes, although at the moment she if very well behaved, and already understands the basics of sit and paw. The future is bright as they say :teeth: may get some like into this pair of old buggers

• Like 1

Cheers Guys, Only myself and wife at home so there will be no misleading information from "Wild kids" or the like. Yes looking at classes, although at the moment she if very well behaved, and already understands the basics of sit and paw. The future is bright as they say :teeth: may get some like into this pair of old buggers

Glad to hear it..... just don't turn your back :lol:

They are awesome dogs but bonkers, every choc lab owner I've met has had a similar story.

Oh we have ours frozen whole carrots as a pup as well as 'antler bars' we thought she would be a chewer but with those she did grow out of it quite quickly. Keep us updated.

Ps sorry for your loss never easy and they can never be replaced.

Well today the family grew by one more member "Sky" a 4 month old chocolate coloured Lab. Really good natured and very well behaved for a pup.

We lost our Laddie (Border collie) about 10yrs ago, he had been with us 11yrs+, and it was so much trauma to us when we lost him, that we decided we would wait before getting another friend.

Time has been a great healer, but we both missed having someone around who is always eager to please, and continually brings a smile to our faces, so we took the plunge...... Only been in the house an hour, and now she's tired herself out having had a good exploration of the new home, and of course introduced to "Sooty" our 11yr old cat. I am sure she is going to give us many years of joy and fun.

Skye.jpg

Great post. Enjoy your new family member.

• 2 months later...
It looks like you've got more than Bailey there :). Instant love ;)

Haha the first photo was from when we visited him when he was still with his litter, his little siblings in the background 🙈 He's ever so sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I got this lovely creature, not sure on the sex yet, but have named it Noctis.

He/She is a Superbee Royal Python, and I'm new to snakes. The crappy pics are due to me being too excited hahaha

If anyone is familiar with snakes I'd be grateful if you could help me out :D

20170222_142420_zpsbv0vt7b4.jpg

20170222_152202_zpszgzjxhfw.jpg

20170222_152208_zpslhfkuq2t.jpg

20170222_152507_zpscgfr0rtr.jpg

20170222_152809_zpsi6hvooni.jpg

20170222_152812_zpspqqkhorz.jpg

My personal fav so far, hiding in his/her lil coconut!!

20170222_204538_zpss3g2bvto.jpg

Last one, on my belly to try and get some better light to show off how he/she isn't yellow but actually white with hints of yellow

20170222_212741_zpsbqxha3gc.jpg

For those wondering... the engine is from a W220 Mercedes S500 - 5 litre V8 pushing out 300 bhp when new -

EDIT : Removed one photo that was even worse :D

Edited by Mikevv
  • Like 1

That's a lovely little python. I've had a few snakes but many other reptiles. Looking at the setup, id suggest first of all lots of false plants and:or sturdy branches up top as I'd guess the snake is semi arboreal and you're wasting so much space up there that can be utilised if it is allowed to climb. So get as much stuff near the top and walls as you can whilst still giving it space on the floor. Also, although it looks good, you want more hiding places, one at the coldest point in the vivarium (if appears you have done this) and at least one where he/she is entirely unseen and out of your view. It will make the snake feel more secure, at the moment it seems like it has little choice but to be on show all the time, even the smaller thing is facing you. By that I mean, even when under the wood, you can still see eachother. Easily solution is to place a few more similar things he can go under and make sure at least one of them gives him complete security in terms of not being on view - it could be as simple as turning the wood around a bit more so the opening faces the back or side not the front. Or get a second one that does that. Once it feels safe it'll come explore more by choice. This may not be an issue at all but it applies to all reptiles and if they have no choice but to be on show all of the time it can become stressed and it could become nervous and hostile as an adult - again, this might not be an issue but it applies to many reptiles. Also many snakes will sit entirely inside their water bowl if it's large enough. I'd also go for a more tropical look, it looks better and probably resembles where it might live on the wild. I guess you don't want it too cluttered but if it were me I'd add false branches etc on one side all the way to the top. That looks more like a great bearded dragon setup right now, but it's not wrong to have a basking spot like that I'm sure. 😊

Not trying to sound condescending btw, your best bet is to Google a care guide on that particular species. There will be loads of good info. But clearly you've done some research already and bought good stuff and you probably already planned to add more decor. I know more about lizards, having had many species including chameleons and a savanna monitor. I can just see the snake climbing happily if you gave him the opportunity, especially why it's small. If like a rattlesnake it's not a semi arboreal species then ignore what I've said but my guess is that it is. This kinda makes me wanna buy another reptile, though the stuff I'm interested in requires huge vivariums ðŸ˜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've already taken some of your pointers on board. Going to get a branch and some fake plants asap, just wanted to focus on getting him settled first :)

From what I've read, they don't typically climb but I'm going to do it anyways so it looks less like a box hahaha. The small coconut has been rotated and faces the back so I can't see in. The log has been rotated to more of a harsh angle and some fake greenery has been thrown over the top making the back like a safe bush type thing. I really like bearded dragons, hoping to get some in a year or two, after this lil guys stable and happy :)

I've moved things around and went to get some smaller hide-y holes today.

The lack of green stuff is cause the local shop wanted £9 for the bit on the branch and it was all they sold. I had to have one, but not having more at that price.

The big pond in the middle is for him to soak in and while I wait and try to find some humidity control it should help negate it in the mean time.

I've upgraded to a warmer bulb, but now with a timer so that it stays on during the day and turns off roughly when I come back in the room from work.

Will be gradually changing things as I observe what he likes and doesn't :) He's really taken to the leafy/rock corner, can't get him away from there!

20170223_203829_zpsrrise8xo.jpg