The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Sadly lost my mate Tigger this week 

His kidneys failed and we had no choice but to let him go ....... unfortunately this was all happening whilst we were away on holiday and we weren't able to say a proper goodbye

16 years old and 1 week

IMG_0709.JPG

• Sad 3

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Willsy1980 said:

Dear god, why? That is one ugly little critter.

He/she is cute! :p

I find their design and how long they've been on the planet fascinating, plus small animals (hamsters, gerbils etc.) just don't appeal to me. 

20170911_163741.jpg

Edited by ASemper
  • Like 1

Some recent news. First of all the bad, we lost one of our Tabby Cats aged 13 with kidney failure a couple of months ago and just a few days later the feral cat we'd been feeding for several months was knocked over about half a mile away and sustained fatal injuries. I found him still alive but he passed away within a few minutes and I buried him in our garden.

Now for some amazing news, one of our cats, a full male Bengal no less, that went missing on January 19th returned to us exactly 7 months to the day !! No idea where he has been during his absence, he had lost a bit of weight and now has a slight rip in his ear but is in remarkable condition considering. You do hear of cats going missing and returning but considering there are only a couple of houses within a mile of us you do wonder where he's been. Was he abducted and escaped or maybe abducted and returned by whoever took him as Bengals can be a real handful and he certainly is. Anyway, I guess I'll never know.

Pete

• 2 months later...

Went to look at a couple of Boas the other week and ended up buying the younger one (son of the larger one) :) The seller had around 50 snakes of various species and morphs, was a great visit.

My royal was on her usual best behaviour this weekend too!

IMG_20171119_182910_354.jpg

20171127_164125.jpg

IMG_20171127_070626_329.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So a little while ago a friend of ours was complaining on social media how much she hates one of her dogs in particular, she was always barking, having her ears pulled by the other 2 dogs and served miserable... the dog not our friend.  Tilly was not happy.  I jokingly said to my wife we should have her.  We laughed, can you imagine etc etc. 2 months later Tilly is still being bullied.  We broached a 2 week trial, and our friendship wad the important bit.  We also have a dog that hates other dogs, wants to be left alone by dogs but loved people.  Fortunately Tilly and Jake get along...well ignore each other beautifully.  5 months later she seems pretty settled. She's still fat though. 

20180113_225828.jpg

IMG-20171104-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Lollipop the pug

just turned 1 years old last week. 

likes - attention, playing, walks, baths, meeting everyone, chasing cats, our food not his.

dislikes - being bored, being ignored, any situation where he is not centre of attention 

As he’s young he doesn’t know his breeds limits- thinks he can run as fast and long as jack russells and can mess about with the big dogs. He is the most affectionate loving dog I’ve had.

just love him- arguable the best dog in the world!!

486A16AC-C16C-4D5A-A611-2797004D7847.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

On top of all the other jobby we are all dealing with just now, we had to admit wee Rosie to the University of Glasgow small animal hospital yesterday evening @ 6 o’clock.  She’s unable to urinate and initial investigation shows a mass pressing on her urethra.  We are now waiting on the results of more detailed and conclusive tests.  It’s not looking good but I’ll never give up hope.

She’s comfortable and has a catheter in at the moment which has perked her up.  We will get, hopefully, Monday evening, clearer results without surgery, however an inconclusive result will put us in more of a quandary.  

Big shout out to Rosie, my best pal and a lovely wee creature :throb:   All prayers gratefully received  :thumbs:

BF4C5499-23C9-4E2D-B86B-4391E47C8E4B.png

1858817F-14F5-40BA-BDB4-479219ABC54F.png

58DE54E4-8727-46B6-BC0C-46C1BFBA18DB.png

8E35FBF3-A722-4BBF-91D4-6F4C743B6365.png

• Sad 1