The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Only to control the moths in the house :lol: . Nah i've got a dog, but had a couple of cats. I keep trying to convince the SO to let me have tropical fish but its not going well.

The snake is cool though.

Speaking of spiders, I found what I think was a false widow above my bed last week!

My housemates have a house rabbit and a hamster that wizzes around in a ball every evening. I keep reminding them they would be good snake food 😈75f227edc95e0bcba4b12fa4eb251d23.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4 foot isnt too bad! Go big or go home right? 🤣

Chameleons are pretty funky, I agree with you though. There are so many awesome lizards, if only I had a basement I could convert to a reptile room!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Rescued this approximately 8 yr old Royal last weekend! Free for the snake and viv with equipment. Poor thing had no water, loads of poo in the viv and shed skin everywhere. She is now fed, at the right temperature and looking healthier already :)

IMG_20170706_204617_863.jpg

On 07/07/2017 at 14:54, ASemper said:

Rescued this approximately 8 yr old Royal last weekend! Free for the snake and viv with equipment. Poor thing had no water, loads of poo in the viv and shed skin everywhere. She is now fed, at the right temperature and looking healthier already :)

IMG_20170706_204617_863.jpg

My little girl is currently shedding. She's 9 months old and just around 400 grams last time I weighed her ( which is meant to be normal/average ) so I'm happy.
Seeing that 8 year old makes me so excited for when shes fully grown :) Currently shes 75 cm or around 2,5 feet, so should grow a fair chunk more :)

Glad someone rescued her, can't believe someone would neglect her, it's not even like a BP is hard to feed etc - Makes me quite angry.

• Like 1

On 16/07/2017 at 20:31, 4K1R4-350Z said:

Rehoused my favourite Pampho last week, now in pre-moult, looking plump and ready to get even bigger!!! Currently 8 inch legspan.. BIG spider! :thumbs:

20170716_195305.jpg

Spiders just creep me out. Sorry!

On 12/07/2017 at 12:11, Mikevv said:

My little girl is currently shedding. She's 9 months old and just around 400 grams last time I weighed her ( which is meant to be normal/average ) so I'm happy.
Seeing that 8 year old makes me so excited for when shes fully grown :) Currently shes 75 cm or around 2,5 feet, so should grow a fair chunk more :)

Glad someone rescued her, can't believe someone would neglect her, it's not even like a BP is hard to feed etc - Makes me quite angry.

I love seeing them grow. My first Royal, about 3yrs old, has shed twice in the last 2 months or so and the latest shed is noticeably bigger than the previous. 

Excited to see how quickly my little BRB will grow as well.

I think the guy had bought the snake for his young daughter and hadn't taken any responsibility to check on the snakes health or the viv conditions! My original Royal has been super easy to look after. She did go through a phase of not eating at all one winter but never looked unhealthy. She now eats like a champ, isn't shy ever and is a pleasure to look after. :)

8 hours ago, Mikevv said:

Spiders just creep me out. Sorry!

Haha no need to apologise they aren't for everyone!! Tbh I hated spiders before my first proper one.. still don't like little ones oddly enough! The only thing thats a dissapointment is come feeding time there is no Attenborough voiceover!!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2017 at 20:31, 4K1R4-350Z said:

Rehoused my favourite Pampho last week, now in pre-moult, looking plump and ready to get even bigger!!! Currently 8 inch legspan.. BIG spider! :thumbs:

20170716_195305.jpg

UPDATE

Now moulted and looking INSANE!! Check out the colours on him now! :DEven if you don't like spiders ya gotta admit as far as spiders go; he's a beauty!! ...and freakin HUGE now!! 

20170731_181407.jpg

• Like 2

Weird timing! Bruce is about to shed too!

I really dislike spiders, as does the other half... she said ewww, then scrolled to the colours n said " oh wow that's pretty"

Still not for us but awesome colours :)

• Like 1

Haha thanks! Yea I get ya but I'm sure he appreciates the complement ;)  

Post up some pics would love to see!! 

I have a little pied sided blood Red corn, would love a bigger snake but space is limited atm (she says :dry:).. 

Here he is :)

20170715_182635.jpg

• Like 1

Awwww what a cute little guy! Also lovely colour!

This was earlier, he needs a diet hahaha but grown loads!

I love the last one, he seems so tired and yet that was 10AM. What could he possibly have achieved to make him that tired???

20170731_153908.jpg

20170731_160926.jpg

20170731_153128.jpg

20170731_092054.jpg

Edited by Mikevv
  • Like 3

Awwwww look at him those little legs on that chunky body!! He's adorable!!! 

Hahahaha I love that last one! He's assumed the "morning after the night before" position! 

Been there lil dude!!

Love it! B)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 4K1R4-350Z said:

UPDATE

Now moulted and looking INSANE!! Check out the colours on him now! :DEven if you don't like spiders ya gotta admit as far as spiders go; he's a beauty!! ...and freakin HUGE now!! 

20170731_181407.jpg

Ooh that is very pretty

We're currently babysitting this monster:

IMG_9331.thumb.JPG.61c8e64e5373be4e8aa74252f18afa97.JPG

Ten week old kitten called Bruce, seen here in full-on puffy mode after meeting one of our other cats for the first time. 

IMG_9367.thumb.JPG.8484baf6832a3c6d69c4591bb1de54cb.JPG

IMG_9375.JPG.dbe34b59bbe1109c002f3267430c50e0.JPG

Getting on fine now, chasing each other quite happily. Shame we have to give him back on Friday, I'd quite like to keep him really. He is a bit ugly though :lol: 

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 2