The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Pretty kittys, take it they are bengels or got plenty of it in them in that first litter , bet the silvers will get snapped up , serpia/mink to

Yeah, first litter are bengals, although 2 of them have slight imperfections and will be a bit cheaper, and yes, one of the mink ones is already reserved. In the other litter, the 4 kittens are a mix. Mum is a mink bengal who escaped :surrender: . 2 kittens look like bengals, one brown spotted and the other a dark marbled, Of the other 2, one is clearly a Calico the other one some sort of bengal cross with patches of spots and really cute. We will sell this litter as Bengal crosses but may keep the cute one as a pet.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread for many months / years!! We can finally post up our new additions! Bought our house a year ago so can now get some cats, and after much waiting for the breeder to have availabilty / the right kittens born we collected them last Thursday. 2 x British Silver Shorthairs, Tabby girl & Spotty boy. Already have run of the house as to be expected :D

02C30F0B-2AD5-499C-9B4C-F35821F7DF8F.jpg

DD208D22-F6D9-4046-9BB9-23BB64B01969.jpg

• Like 8

Name: Bonnie

Make: Dog

Model: German Shepherd

2016-05-17b%20Springtime%20Bonnie%20on%20Werneth%20Low%20with%20Tennis%20Ball_zpsqoyqhfpi.jpg

Likes - Biscuits, nice walks in the country, biscuits, paddling in muddy puddles, biscuits, frisbee, - oh, and she likes biscuits, too

Disikes - being ignored

(Note the Zed emblem on her nametag)

Edited by ianphampton
  • Like 6

Problem! About a week ago we spotted a Black feral cat in our garden, no doubt it got a sniff of our females in the cattery. We spotted it a few times over the next few days, it looked to be in poor shape with half of one ear missing and looking very tatty. Today it came in the house and flopped down in the front room behind the dining table. After much growling from the other cats it retreated into the bathroom. It didn't run away but just sat there, eventually allowing me to stroke it and after a few minutes it started purring. Now then, it's still in the bathroom, its eaten a bowlful of food and I've picked it up and put it into a cat basket where it quickly settled down. When I picked it up, I could feel a lump on its stomach, quite often a sign of cancer. I've decided to leave him in the bathroom tonight and see how he is in the morning before I make a decision on what to do. If he's no better or sadly worse I guess I'll have to call the vet and have him put to sleep as I can't really justify spending loads of money and I already have enough cats. If he's better and still friendly I'll phone around the animal rescue places see if anyone will take him.

Pete

• Like 2

Problem! About a week ago we spotted a Black feral cat in our garden, no doubt it got a sniff of our females in the cattery. We spotted it a few times over the next few days, it looked to be in poor shape with half of one ear missing and looking very tatty. Today it came in the house and flopped down in the front room behind the dining table. After much growling from the other cats it retreated into the bathroom. It didn't run away but just sat there, eventually allowing me to stroke it and after a few minutes it started purring. Now then, it's still in the bathroom, its eaten a bowlful of food and I've picked it up and put it into a cat basket where it quickly settled down. When I picked it up, I could feel a lump on its stomach, quite often a sign of cancer. I've decided to leave him in the bathroom tonight and see how he is in the morning before I make a decision on what to do. If he's no better or sadly worse I guess I'll have to call the vet and have him put to sleep as I can't really justify spending loads of money and I already have enough cats. If he's better and still friendly I'll phone around the animal rescue places see if anyone will take him.

Pete

Hope it all comes good Pete. Have you ever thought about setting up a site for donations to help with vet bills, food etc? Lots of cat lovers out there that I'm sure would drop a bit of lose change your way every now and then I'd t would help

Update........Good news. Cat is much better this morning and has eaten another bowl of food. The way he greeted me indicates he's used to humans, you can't tame a feral in one day. Also, I'm fairly certain I've identified the owner through a cat lost and found site, matches the description perfectly including the large V shaped cut in the left ear. If I'm right, cat has been missing since March 2015 and its home is in Broughton about 5 miles away. I'll keep you updated on developments.

Cat is painfully thin and has a distended stomach but he seems better in himself and has now gone out.

Pete

• Like 3

Further update and mystery solved..... The cat has not yet returned but I have more info. It turned out not to be the cat that vanished from Broughton in March 2015. I spoke to the lady who owned this cat over the phone and she sent my investigation in a different direction (how she got this information is a mystery). It turns out that this cat is called "Blackie", is 8 years old and is an ex feral cat. Vets nick the left ear to signify when a female feral is neutered only I think the vet who did this cat was somewhat over zealous. Anyway, it escaped from a visit to the vet about 2 weeks ago, as the crow flies about a mile and a half away and was being treated for cat flu. The vet I spoke to confirmed this and also that if I take the cat back there it'll be treated and not put to sleep which has put my mind at rest. The owners of the cat are currently on holiday but just in case the cat doesn't return I have their phone number.

Pete

• Like 1

Just a quick update on the younger kittens. They are all doing well now, one of them had a sticky eye and went quite thin but a trip to the vets and some eye drops looks to have sorted it out. Here are 3 of the 4.

P1017047_zpsoemjjjnc.jpg

P1017045_zpscikkn07s.jpg

P1017046_zpstmtzqo7t.jpg

Pete

Tabbs is still very old, getting thin and also has diabetes, thus spends most of her time drinking water. Shes always churpy and still manages to go outside/up stairs etc... albeit very slowly.

Having her for nearly my whole life makes me worry that she won't be with us for much longer! :cry:

27181265154_da2fcd7918.jpg

Edited by WINKJ
  • Like 3

Just enjoy her mate. I sometimes find myself imagining what it would be like when Sonny (the cat in my profile pic) is no longer here and it gets me down - he's such a big part of our life, but you've just got to put it to the back of your mind and make the most of your time with them. :)

• Like 2

Sad day today, 2 of the kittens have left to go to their new homes and a third will be leaving on Saturday, you get very attached to them after 12 weeks, we'd even gave one of them a name :surrender: (Which he's keeping). Still, the great thing is that the people who bought them were really nice and will all make great homes for them. I'll really miss them tearing around the house like demented lunatics but I certainly won't miss endless changes of cat litter :lol: . Still got 3 more left to sell but I expect them to be snapped up in the next few days.

Pete

• Like 1

Ok guys and girls its been 16 months since we lost our olly and life without pussy is not the same... steady... keep it clean please :teeth:

drum roll.................................................... :band: meet ....................... Buster

DSC_0576_zpsgk5wk5ue.jpg

DSC_0579_zps4he9hv1p.jpg

Edited by gsexr
  • Like 7

Bengals :thumbs: .

Sadly, one of our smaller kittens is very poorly, just happened suddenly and looks unlikely to survive the night. The kittens Rosie his mum had were very small, except for one and the vet told me that it's often the case that at least one of the first litter will run into serious difficulties. So far he hasn't responded to anti biotics, anti imflammatory drugs or steroids and he's stopped feeding off his mum. I am managing to pipette some kitten milk but TBH I think it looks hopeless. One of the other small ones was also quite poorly but has now pulled around thankfully.

Pete