The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Mine eat a tin a day each. They'll eat pretty much any brand providing that you rotate brands every couple of days

Lucky sod, I wish mine did!

They used to be fine on Whiskas pouches jelly for about 8 years, then they would only eat the Whiskas Simply Steamed, then only Applaws, then finally the uber posh stuff they have now. I'm sure they'll have me catching and cooking a whole chicken for them soon enough.

• Like 1

Mine eat a tin a day each. They'll eat pretty much any brand providing that you rotate brands every couple of days

Lucky sod, I wish mine did!

They used to be fine on Whiskas pouches jelly for about 8 years, then they would only eat the Whiskas Simply Steamed, then only Applaws, then finally the uber posh stuff they have now. I'm sure they'll have me catching and cooking a whole chicken for them soon enough.

Our female is the same, I hate Whiskas it stinks, the female, Hammy, goes a bit hypo/nasty on it too, which is the last thing she needs lol She is stupidly fussy but the Felix with the crumbly bits seem to be the ones she goes back to eventually. One minute she'll be fine, the next she will turn her nose up at anything other than raw mince and cooked chicken or her biscuits. Timmy on the other hand will eat whatever you put in front of him (cat or human food). They both have either mince or chicken every day too (they eat better than us!).

What's the worst thing you cat/s has/have brought in?

Only one of my cats is a true hunter. The other one only gets feathers, moths, worms etc.

But the hunter (Chase), well he brings in the usual, mice, little birds, baby birds. Then the unusual, like squirrels (full size and alive), and his latest, a wood pigeon! Again... alive, as he tried to run up the stairs with it I caught his legs and he dropped it and if tried flying but instead it just flew into walls. Splattering blood and feathers everywhere lol.

86cf7894b943b8efe986ddd127a01f69.jpg

2451367accc202d397203fca5d6d8578.jpg

1ea67d64fdcd851821e4834945b92b35.jpg

Damn cat!

That's what she 'Zed' :-/

Our cats are picky brand freaks too.

Applaws, but only Ocean Fish. Catnip - cosmic variety. Chicken - fresh microwaved human food variety. Whiskas? not likely ;)

Best cat toys ever for a happy moggy are:

. the biggest cat tree that you can fit in your house

. fluffy throw blankets for human bed and couches (black and white cats particularly like these)

. cat-flap

. occasional cardboard box or loose sheets of paper if you are a Tabby - black and whites are pretty meh towards stationary

. mice to bring in the house (or human bed) at 3am which can then be lost, never to be seen again

. birds to eat as al-freso snacks... bad cats..

:lol:

• Like 1

Damn cat!

Wow - just saw that - Grey squirrel - impressive :thumbs:

My old ginger hunter dragged someone's guinea pig into the garden (it was dead; we don't speak of this)..

I found a big wood pigeon stretched out on its back with its chest open, internals exposed, outside the back door once (ginger monster at it again). Obviously that was way too big to get through the cat flap :scare:

A different cat bought home a kitchen scrubbing brush once. Not sure he was particularly normal though :lol:

Damn cat!

Wow - just saw that - Grey squirrel - impressive :thumbs:

My old ginger hunter dragged someone's guinea pig into the garden (it was dead; we don't speak of this)..

I found a big wood pigeon stretched out on its back with its chest open, internals exposed, outside the back door once (ginger monster at it again). Obviously that was way too big to get through the cat flap :scare:

A different cat bought home a kitchen scrubbing brush once. Not sure he was particularly normal though :lol:

That literally made me **** myself reading that haha my other cat is a bit weird too! The thing is he doesn't always kill them he just lets them go and leaves me and the Mrs (just the Mrs actually) to attempt to get these things out the house.

6 squirrels now and he's not a big cat lol

dc37f8ee5a177d4c25496e2372109113.jpg

Don't let this picture fool you, he is a stone cold killer lol. Blood all round his mouth after catching that pigeon haha

Then another picture just because..

a549aa1b7637db721679bdcfb02dd7ad.jpg

Lol

A fully grown male pheasant :scare: . . We were out at the time so we don't know which cat was responsible and how it got it through the cat flap is anyone's guess :lol:. Also a couple of moles. Squirrels?, I've seen a few of our cats almost catch one but none have succeeded however, my mum had a cat that caught loads of them, she only found out when she discovered 20 or so squirrel tails in the back of the garden shed while it was being demolished.

Pete

EDIT....When I still lived with my parents one of my mum's cats also brought in a dead kingfisher, really strange as I've yet to see a kingfisher in this area in over 50 years.

Edited by JetSet
  • Like 1

A pheasant, that's impressive! Ours don't bring in anything unusual, just dead birds and mice that can be dead or alive, we've found the odd toad hopping around too. A friend's cat did leave a squirrel's head under her duvet though for her to find when she went to bed lol

As for toys, if you have room then da birds are great for tiring out the sprightly ones (has calmed her hunting down a bit too)

CF002537-8F87-4F54-8431-FE93471E65E2_zpsix4ti3kz.jpg

7779E7EF-8C7D-499B-940B-C65B767A8BF2_zpsl6en5raq.png

As for the ones who prefer just getting mashed, Yeoww bananas go down a treat lol

FADF6369-2796-4B9F-A84E-C7AE8D4BAB2D_zpstjtlwqti.jpg

• Like 2

A friend's cat did leave a squirrel's head under her duvet though for her to find when she went to bed lol

That reminds me of my friends ginger tom called Harry that has since passed away.

He was a great cat, first cat I really bonded with tbh as I'm more of a dog person. One day when me & my friend used to run a catering company together we went back to his house after work to run through the days takings etc.

We spotted this grey squirrels body just laying on the lawn. For some reason Harry his cat had killed the squirrel and chewed its head off! :scare:

We never did find the head so goodness knows where he hid it. :dry::lol:

A pheasant, that's impressive!

On the face of it yes, but it could have been wounded or already dead. We frequently see pheasants in our garden and the cats are not really interested so I'd guess that it was a lucky find. I have a few seed feeders in our garden, the lowest of them are around 6 feet high with the bottom rung at 5 feet yet I've seen one our cats leap from the ground and pluck a Great Tit from the lower rung. One of our cats once cornered a Polecat but was wisely unwilling to actually tackle it. Funny things cats, when we had a litter of lop eared rabbits loose in the house, the cats just ignored them, yet they're forever bringing wild ones in.

Pete

Is he not leaving inside the CJM box now? :lol:

Actually, when I took eveything out of the CJM box and dry fitted all the pipes and couplings yesterday out of curiosity on our bed, he was straight in amongst and on the brown packing paper to get a good view of what I was doing :lol:

Spots now starting to become visible and kittens are moving around under their own steam. It would seem like we have 3 females and 3 males :) .

EDIT, After consulting a how to tell the sex of your kittens website, I now estimate we have 4 males and 2 females, sexing them is not as easy as you'd think :lol:

P1016506_zpsdf2jul8z.jpg

Pete

Edited by JetSet
  • Like 4

I have a 2 year old pug named parker he is always by my side when i am home from offshore. My misses recently rescued a 3 year old chihuahua last month aswell as she was severely beaten by previous owners. She came too us and they are now best friends :).

IMG-20150615-WA0005_zpsmgdxllxf.jpg

How could anyone hurt any animal let alone that sweet looking little dog, ...sick barstewards. :rant:

Glad she's in a better home now with a new friend to boot. Enjoy. :)

• Like 3