Dyno results chat thread

Chris`I

Definitely not whp! Bennett (GT4 zed ) had his gt4 dyno'd and got around 283 at the fly ......OP would of had to spent some serious money to get 304 whp!!! Your talking cams, fd, headers etc......

I thought Bennet said he had 340 at the fly with his UTEC fitted? If its 283 on a revup then there has to be something wrong somewhere... Most revups all map at about the same number..

sorry to disagree but I have always seen the Nissan figures to be pretty good and on the nose, Ive seen several stock non revup roll 276 or 1 /2 bhp under .

Aren't RS tuning on these very forums.... do they care to comment?

sorry to disagree but I have always seen the Nissan figures to be pretty good and on the nose, Ive seen several stock non revup roll 276 or 1 /2 bhp under .

Aren't RS tuning on these very forums.... do they care to comment?

I think RS Tuning's dyno is known for reading on the low side so that's probably what it is. As long as the before and after run were done on the same dyno what does it matter? :shrug: RS don't seem to spend much time on the forum so you might be waiting a while for an answer from them.

• 3 months later...

Wasso... did you just get VVTI installed in your car? lol looking at the graph for torq and bhp @ 4.6k :thumbs::scare: How r is she to drive now? Wasnt sure if the graphs before had one with hfc's and one with decats, what are you running now? I could use a little boost like that in my joke :D:dummy:

:lol: I know what Variable Valve Timing is all about - I clearly wasn't reading your message - I didn't clock the VVTI - and too the two VV's as W - Eyes are going bad!! :doh:

Drives nice - Exhaust is perfect considering all that's changed is the Y pipe and taken cats off. Give the stock exhaust a perfect note. Soon as you open it right up the exhaust let's off big time!

The NOS I haven't managed to get running I believe. The pressure was 850psi, which is a bit low, due to the car being in the shade and kept cool. Soon as I parked up in the sun it went over 1000psi which is a better temp to run. So as far as the graphs show, I get power at 4k, although I'm yet to experience a slight power increase when driving. I'll give it a bash today.

I will be sure to purchase some new jets soon!!!

• 1 month later...

Greeny:

You recently posted your dyno report, I wouldn't be too upset about those figures mate.

5 years old - I guess is the 276bhp model - if you are producing 254 at the fly - surely that's only a loss of 22bhp. You will lose horses for sure - and the exhaust won't deliver a great deal.

The torque figures are good - mine was 240 torque before my mods and I'm a 297bhp model, so I'd be pleased with that. It could be worse - some people lose barrell loads of power!!

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
Model: 2005 Roadster VQ35DE

Mods include: Megan Decats, Motordyne XYZ with race cat, pop charger

Dyno: Abbey motorsport Dynapack

BHP: 261.7 hub bhp (approx 295 flywheel I suppose)

Torque: 246.4 lb/ft

Nice numbers :thumbs:

Motordyne XYZ with race cat > ? Any photos of the pipe that obviously sits after the XYZ pipe that has the race cat? Does the O2 sensors stick into that one then? (two?)

What does she drive like now?

Motordyne XYZ with race cat > ? Any photos of the pipe that obviously sits after the XYZ pipe that has the race cat? Does the O2 sensors stick into that one then? (two?)

I've wondered what happens to the "spare" O2 sensors too. How many of the original 4 sensors are left? I would guess an uprev remap is essential for this setup so that the resulting CELs can be disabled?

I've wondered what happens to the "spare" O2 sensors too. How many of the original 4 sensors are left? I would guess an uprev remap is essential for this setup so that the resulting CELs can be disabled?

I had a CEL issue with the cat's once I'd had my XYZ pipe fitted. I took the car back to Mark and he tinkled with the ECU and told it not to look for the cat that was once there?? All is well no issues.

There will be only two that would not have any where to live the ones in the cats that got two decat pipes installed instead. The other two sensors sit on the exhaust manifold / downpipe / headers.

I had a CEL issue with the cat's once I'd had my XYZ pipe fitted. I took the car back to Mark and he tinkled with the ECU and told it not to look for the cat that was once there?? All is well no issues.

Closed loop?