Dyno results chat thread

Chris`I

Dyno results chat here

Please put dyno charts, results, pics and vids here in the dedicated thread- viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24431&p=355185

--------------------------------

Tidied the original thread at Ians request. Keep chat in here and post results in the other thread. Sorry to those who posted chat in the other thread, I tried to split if but lost the posts :blush:

Andlid, how did you get 302 BHP at the fly before fitting the Haltec?

Lots of the guys with VQ35DE will want to know.

:boxing: keep it to the comment thread :thumbs:

sorry should have said, the 'before' is when it was just switched in, the after is after the actual tune :thumbs:

:dummy: 330 on the fly mate, surely thats not highest worldwide???

not running e85, running e5 at the moment.

pre haltech I think was 265, dont think I got a soft copy of it but do think that I posted it here at some stage, will take wander. :dummy:

pre haltech I think was 265, dont think I got a soft copy of it but do think that I posted it here at some stage, will take wander. :dummy:

Sorry, misread your other post. Whats E5?

Sorry, misread your other post. Whats E5?

Google is your friend - http://www.maxol.ie/general-content/e5- ... swers.html

Have you got pre haltech numbers Andlid? Any idea on what they did for the tune, what areas they concentrated on?

If you do get 330bhp you will have one of the highest HP non race 350Z's around (worldwide....) :)

fuel map and ignition map and think they messed around with the cam's...

• 1 month later...
Have you got pre haltech numbers Andlid? Any idea on what they did for the tune, what areas they concentrated on?

If you do get 330bhp you will have one of the highest HP non race 350Z's around (worldwide....) :)

didnt get close to 330 :(:scare: but very good figures still :teeth: Will be a while before I do the next tune but it will be E85 uprated fuel pump and fuel lines & injectors :D

It was amazing to see this guy do his work! Was sitting in the passenger seat from 11:30 - 16:30 (break for lunch and tee) watching him start of with a base tune = fuel map and ignition map... then over to adjust the cam timing, this was amazing to see the actual tq just change in front of my eyes when you change a nr in a table from 15 to say 20... :scare: Also realized It'll be a while before I get into tuning my own cage! He's a wizz doing mapping convinced about that, like no Q about it. Have just been driving it for a short while but it's a complete different kind of animal. Even sorted out the fueling around normal motorway speed for better fuel consumption! (lets see if it will actually work!) Was a bit sceptic at the SSV plenum manifold (oops might have been a bad buy) + to haltech for the 'ease' of tuning the car... can't wait for my drive in the morning. :dance:

The HP figures might be lower then the one on the E5 and less stuff made to it but I'd say this Dyno is showing a bit lower figures then the other. Might just arrange a dyno day down there with the lads up north :drive1 Anyway I'm happy, please comment. :evil:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bennet, where is the Map and I thought you said yours had dyno'd at 325 @ Fly?

3Fiddy maaaan!, i had a prelim run of 325 but could not match it despite all kinds of tinkering on Dday got maps but need to get a new scanner as the old one is refusing to play. You would love the torque curve presumable from the MREV2

Bennet,

BHP: WHP: 260 / FHP: 312(@16.9% loss) Stock: 288HP Gain: 24HP

So the car had 260 bhp at the hub,s before or after tuning? just trying to work out figures in my head.

On your dyno plots can you tell me what gear you was running the car in please, what start and finish rpm and how long the run was over , just helps me workout a comparision between Revup motored car runs on mine and thors dyno, cheers dude :D

I have a Revup car bolted on the dyno as we speak , it is fitted with a MREV2 lower collector , I still dont think it will match a early DE motor for midrange torque thou, after some UPREV mapping the early cars give so much mid range torque , it may give the top end bhp figure the revup motor but it always lack torque , it is due to the wilder cams of the revup motor.

We have noticed on the US car the Auto Revup car,s has a milder cam,s than the manual cars.

• 2 weeks later...
Bennet,

BHP: WHP: 260 / FHP: 312(@16.9% loss) Stock: 288HP Gain: 24HP

So the car had 260 bhp at the hub,s before or after tuning? just trying to work out figures in my head.

I think from Bennet's post that he had 217 wheel horsepower at the hubs before the tune and the 260 at the hubs is after the tune.. as far as I understand, Bennet?

• 3 weeks later...

I did a couple of dyno runs at TDI North with my 53 plate last week which I'll get posted up in the other thread as soon as get chance. First run was stock apart from a Blueflame cat back exhaust and it made 284BHP IIRC. Swapped out the airbox for an 06+ airbox and it made 291BHP with a torque increase too. :) The same Cosworth panel filter was used for both tests.

Just goes to show the 06+ intake is a big improvement over the pre 06 one, despite the small physical difference between them. I'd imagine the Blueflame has given me some extra too but I didn't get a dyno prior to fitting that unfortunately.

• Like 1

MattG,

what was the wheel bhp please , and how many runs did you do?

Mark

I don't know what the WHP was, I'll check the dyno sheet and see if it's listed there. Otherwise I'll ask them when I'm back there in a couple of weeks. I know they did a few runs as they were having a bit of trouble getting traction initially, they're too used to those FWD CTRs! ;) The airbox was swapped whilst the car was still on the dyno.

I'd seen people in the US saying the later airbox was a good upgrade but no dyno data to back it up. I must admit I was very sceptical after examining the two airboxes, the newer one is identical apart from a slightly larger velocity stack (the gold trumpet thingy inside!). So I was as shocked as anyone to see the gains!

Great stealth mod too, someone would really have to know their onions to know that's you'd changed something. ;) And it only cost me £50! :D

Do you guys at Abbey have any 06+ airboxes lying around so you can try and replicate my results?

Do you guys at Abbey have any 06+ airboxes lying around so you can try and replicate my results?

Yes I have a couple of 06' air boxes , once my UK car is ready to go , I will try one out.

But if you have a remap I am sure you get a few more ponies.

Reason I ask about number of runs as we find the 1/2nd runs will show a gain then the car will not allow car to run with full map figures i.e timing degree,s figures. You see dyno figures a fair bit down on the 1/2nd runs , your find your need 6/8 runs to get a proper figure on a dyno.

Mark